Senior DevOp (d/f/m)
We're seeking additional Senior DevOps (d/f/m) to join doctorly on our mission to enable people to live healthier lives. This would also be suitable for someone looking to take on the Team Lead role for a group of DevOps.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Senior DevOp to take a prominent role within our product development team and help us meaningfully change how healthcare works.
You will build and support our existing infrastructure and processes as well as introducing and implement new solutions. You will be responsible for CI/CD, pipelines and the implementation of optimal DevOps practices and enabling the teams to deliver the highest quality of work.
doctorly has a combined private Cloud, On-Edge, and On-Premises infrastructure with high demands in terms of availability and security.
As an integral member or potential leader of one of our DevOps teams, you'll be familiar with agile ways of working (esp. scrum) and software development.
We're an international team, so fluent English is a must, German would be a bonus but is not essential to the role.
Your ability to improve and change the way we work is part of our culture.
Our vision is to enable everyone to live a healthier life!
The doctorly values are Kindness, Excellence, Ownership and Integrity - we live these every day.
Amidst and as a result of the global pandemic, the world is coming to see just how outdated our health IT infrastructure really is. Have a closer look at the software your doctor currently uses and you’ll understand why this is a burning topic in need of innovation.
doctorly - backed by the best early stage investors in Europe - takes a holistic view of the market and our products, with a firm focus on enabling genuinely meaningful disruption at the very heart of how healthcare works.
Our 1st goal - reducing administration overhead for German doctors and enabling integration within German healthcare by providing doctors with modern, easy to use and highly optimised software to manage their entire practice.
Beyond that we'll be building apps for patients and healthcare professionals as well as an open platform to enable integration across the entire healthcare industry.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering teams to deploy and operate our systems in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Setup and own roll outs, deployments to customers
- Ensure our monitoring and logging are able to provide detailed and relevant insights to running systems
- Design and implement (virtual and physical) infrastructures
- Manage our Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Automate and streamline our build, integration and deployment pipelines
- Support the development teams
- Build and maintain tools for deployment
- Manage your time and your resources within a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Assist with locating and resolving bugs and issues, especially in our CI&CD and production environments
At this stage we're only accepting applicants in the timezone CET (Berlin) +/- 2hrs
- Familiarity with Linux, general services and developer support - 37%
- Experience with Distributed Deployments - Infrastructure as code (Ansible and TerraForm preferred) - 20%
- Experience with Containers (esp. managing Docker containers and repositories) - 10%
- Experience with Logging and Monitoring (ELK, Prometheus & Grafana) - 5%
- Familiarity with Backup solutions and encrypted data storage - 5%
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL - 5%
- Experience with CI/CD - specifically Azure DevOps or GitLab required - 5%
- Familiarity with load balancing/proxying/firewalls (Traefik preferred) - 5%
- Familiarity with network architecture and security (e.g. Firewalls, VPNs) - 3%
- Familiarity with Solr - 2%
- Familiarity with MinIO - 2%
- Attention to detail, knowledge of the current state of DevOps and future trends, being a team player - 100% ;)
* Percentage breakdowns are included to give a rough idea of how much time that part of your role will occupy. These will vary from week to week, depending on the tasks at hand.
- Experience with automated testing (IO, regression, unit, integration, load, etc)
- Knowledge of .NET Core and related tooling
- Knowledge of React/TypeScript and related tooling
- Knowledge of Cypress and related tooling
- German language skills
- Some availability for roll-outs in Berlin and Germany wide
We offer flexible working hours, remote/hybrid/office as you prefer and strive to pay market rates suitable for your skills and experience. We also offer all employees an excellent share package.
Our recruiting process follows the following form
- Formal/Technical Interview ~ 1 hr
- Assessment Task/Workshop ~2-4 hours depending on the role
- Cultural Interview/Meet the team ~1,5 hrs
- Contract negotiation ~1,5 hrs
The entire process should take less that 2 weeks to complete (depending on your availability)