Senior Developer - United Kingdom (optional remote) (Full time) (f/m/d)
We Make Websites is a Shopify Plus agency with a team spread across London, New York, Toronto, Vancouver, Miami, and Los Angles. Our team of 90+ design, develop, and elevate e-commerce websites for some of the world's largest companies. Brands we work with include Hasbro, Good American, A.P.C, Alessi, Pangaia, and Levi's.
As a leading member of the development team, you’ll be tackling our most challenging builds, architecting digital flagships, and solving complex technical problems for our clients, all while establishing the patterns to be followed by our team.
- Planning and building Shopify Plus solutions using our current stack: Shopify's Admin & Storefront GraphQL APIs, Vue.js, Nuxt.js, and Contentful.
- Collaborating with design and UX teams to create high-quality front ends that function beautifully on any device.
- Working with Product Owners to deliver development work on time and within budget
- Writing Technical Guidelines & Specifications
- Presenting work to clients alongside the Product Owner, explaining complex technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
- Developing and executing testing plans
- Working with Solutions Consultants to scope out new work for clients
- Performing code reviews
- Significant experience working on production e-commerce code, Shopify preferred
- Significant experience working with Vue.js and/or React
- Well-versed in modular web development architecture and best-practices—has architected full-stack software solutions
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Worked with iPaaS / middleware tools
- Orchestrated team-wide processes/best-practices
- Excellent knowledge of cross-browser web development
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions, and animations
- Experience writing technical specifications
- Experience with version control and Git flows
- Deep knowledge of web performance best-practice, accessibility, and technical SEO
- Experience working within agile environments, including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen to share your knowledge with the rest of the development team through code reviews, training, and mentoring
- Managed developers and development teams
Beyond a competitive salary, we offer benefits that will push your career forward and improve your wellbeing. We're flexible and digital-first, which means better benefits and higher performance. You decide if you prefer to work from your home or the office.
Perform at your best
- Unlimited home-office spend
- Unlimited training budget
- New MacBook Pro
- Access to a local office or co-working space
- Company get-togethers in London at least once a year, all expenses paid
- Regular socials: to keep our teams connected, to celebrate our wins, and sometimes… well, just because!
- Clear promotion paths for those who excel, including managerial and individual contributor routes
- Regular 1-to-1 support incl. informal monthly reviews and biannual pay reviews
- Monthly elected MVP + prizes
Work that fits your lifestyle
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday off + 8 public holidays + 1.5 extra days per year
- We'll contribute to your pension
- Discounts on travel, dining, gym membership, counselling, dental and healthcare
- Flexible working hours, including daytime appointments (for health, wellness, life admin etc)
- No-questions-asked personal days (sick, personal, time off)
- 3 paid days for volunteering and charity work
- Ubereats/Deliveroo monthly lunch allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Apply using the button below.
No recruiters, please.
Years of experience