(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin / Remote
What would be your mission?
- Transform sustainability evaluation into data-driven challenges that enable companies to estimate and to offset their greenhouse gas emissions and save the world from the climate crisis!
- Abstract data sources from various industries into a data warehouse dedicated to calculate, compare and predict carbon footprints
- Work with other engineers and disciplines to come up with solutions to complex problems that are scalable, robust, reliable, and maintainable
- Evangelize a data-first approach within your cross-functional team of domain experts in the fast-paced world of a startup
Who is our best match?
- You are comfortable working with Python code and AWS, or better, you love them!
- You have a solid knowledge of database management concepts and a deep understanding of data modeling and warehousing, ETL concepts, and BI tools
- You have experience with DevOps essentials such as Docker, CI/CD, and Cloud infrastructures (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- You have some knowledge about Django or other backend web frameworks and the willingness to get your hands on them when the world needs you
- You had worked on data-centric products, provable by git repositories or your skills
- You favor action and ownership that you can demonstrate with your CV or cover letter
- You have a bachelors or masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related/relevant technical field or 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Data Engineer or a similar position
- You can read, write, and speak professional English. We have a diverse international team and use English as our working language
What do we offer?
- Purpose! Enrich your life by doing something good for a living!
- Steep learning curve with a lot of responsibility from day #1
- Great personal & professional development opportunities in an early-stage fast-growing start-up with an international, ambitious and experienced team
- Close cooperation with an exceptional & visionary founder and management team
- Flat hierarchies for creative ideas and unconventional approaches
- Work in cross-functional teams with business development, product, and development colleagues
- Highly entrepreneurial environment where everyone has ownership and freedom to move towards our ambitious goals while getting strong enablement by our management
- Attractive & competitive salary package
- Working in a great office in the heart of Berlin
- Open company culture with additional services such as free drinks, snacks & shared lunches
- Regular team events such as dinners, laser tag, stand-up paddling, escape rooms, summer and Christmas parties
Let’s do good and have some fun! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please note that we are looking for the best talents who are eager to let Planetly grow. In this, we do not mind if you are based in Berlin, Germany, or anywhere else within the EU. Depending on your location, we offer the opportunity of full-time employment or contract to hire. If you are applying for this position, please make sure to fill in the relevant information when asked for.
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
PLANETLY is aiming to become the largest platform for analyzing, reducing and offsetting CO2 in corporations across Europe. Founded by two serial entrepreneurs (Co-Founder of Outfittery and Co-Founder of Helpling) in early 2020, we believe that we can make a difference on a large scale by enabling companies to become planet positive. As we see ourselves as 'for-purpose - for-profit', we're committed to employing all entrepreneurial abilities to solve one of our generation's most pressing problems with the help of technology, data, and outstanding people. If you want to become a part of our mission in making corporate Europe more sustainable, one company at a time, we would be thrilled to hear from you.
We'd love to hear from you
Please fill out the following short form. If you have difficulties with the upload of your data, please reach out via email to [email protected].