Senior Commercial Manager - Data Services (f/m/d)
Senior Commercial Manager: Data Services
Following the launch of ev.energy's new Data & Consulting Services offering, we are looking for a talented professional with commercial and technical B2B data experience to help develop and scale this offering into a global multi-million dollar business.
In this role, you will be working to accelerate the decarbonisation of transport and energy by expanding the reach and impact of ev.energy's Data as a Service (DaaS) offering. With the world's most comprehensive EV charging datasets, ev.energy is uniquely positioned to support a wide range of clients to make better decisions as the world transitions to electric vehicles.
Day to day, you’ll work closely with the commercial and engineering teams to identify and deliver new revenue opportunities, while also helping to shape the product propositions we offer to Charger Point Operators, Car OEMs, Energy Retailers, Energy Networks, Government & Local Authorities, Consulting & Research Institutions and Equity & Large-scale Investors across the UK, US, Europe and beyond.
This industry is fast moving and will involve keeping up to date with key policy and regulation evolving in the EV and Net-Zero target space. Reporting to the Head of Grid & Data Services, this position is predominantly remote, ideally positioned within UK, Eastern US or Central Europe time zones. We have regular local meet-ups and quarterly company team weeks to keep everyone connected and supported.
🚀 Our mission is to deliver simpler, cheaper, greener electric vehicle charging for everyone.
📱We believe in a better charging experience. Our highly rated app is use by 80,000+ EV drivers to automatically charge their car in the most cost-effective and least carbon-intense way possible, whilst helping balance a greener electricity grid.
🔌 We connect energy & transport, partnering with utilities, charger manufacturers and car OEMs to deliver innovative products and services by plugging into to our global EV charging platform.
⚡️ We are building the world's largest Virtual Power Plant by connecting all electric vehicles with the energy system.
📊 Data drives our decision making and with the most comprehensive EV charging dataset in the world, we help clients across all sectors gain a 360º view of EV charging.
We’re a growing and agile team, who are already established in the UK, US and Germany since our incorporation in 2018. Since then, we’ve grown from 0 to 80,000+ users, raised a funding round, collaborated with 30+ energy companies and saved over 900 tonnes of CO2. We were part of Microsoft’s first AI for Good cohort, won the EDF Pulse Innovation Challenge and were named “World's Best Energy Startup” by Free Electrons 2019.
We are BCorp Certified as of 2020, meaning we meet the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
- Develop and execute a plan to scale ev.energy’s Data-as-a-Service offering into a global multi-million dollar business with the Head of Grid & Data Services.
- Engage clients across multiple sectors (inc. charge point operators, vehicle OEMs, electricity networks, energy suppliers, government and consultancies) to grow a sustainable revenue pipeline.
- Design, develop and sell new scalable data propositions based on client feedback.
- Manage and grow client accounts, delivering consulting projects for major clients such as Scania, VW, UK Power Networks and National Grid.
- Identify and apply for grant funding opportunities that strategically support the development of ev.energy’s data capabilities.
- Work with B2B marketing team to refine propositions and expand reach.
- Work with engineering team to develop and expand scalable DaaS solutions.
- Help to build/scale a global team of data scientists, analysts and salespeople once revenue milestones are reached
Key Attributes for the role
- 3-5 years of experience working in data, energy or automotive
- Experienced in lead generation within a B2B environment
- Ability to problem solve and think of solutions to difficult technical and/or client challenges you might not have encountered before
- Strong delivery focus, taking on end-to-end ownership of projects and/or products with an eye toward quality and client satisfaction
- Self-management and drive; willing to proactively take on complex challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to flex between senior clients and the internal engineering and sales teams
- Be passionate about decarbonisation and the green future we’re creating!
An awesome applicant will have
- Experience selling/delivering data insights/services to B2B clients
- Excellent data analytics skills and use of tools inc. excel and SQL
- A track record of delivering complex projects as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of applying for innovation/grant funding
- Understanding of electricity markets and demands side response technologies
If you don’t meet all of the above job requirements but think you could excel in this role, please apply anyway! We would love to hear from all kinds of people and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants from non-traditional backgrounds, startup or tech experience is not a prerequisite.
We will support you with
- A brand new Macbook loaded with all the tools and software you need to work effectively
- Everything you need to work remotely, investing in your home working setup or paying for access to a co-working space
- Transparent career progression framework
- Funded access to conferences, training and meet-ups
- Fully-loaded benefits, including medical insurance, life insurance, cycle to work and pension scheme
- Team Week once a quarter where the whole team meets to collaborate, socialise and build connections in person!
The important details
Compensation package value of £86,446 inc. salary, equity and an electric car allowance
- Starting: Immediately
- Location: Remotely based in the UK, Central European or Eastern US Time Zones (please note, you must be able to legally work in the area that you are living in. We cannot support visa)
- Salary: £61,633 - £73,189 💸
- Equity*: Share options equivalent of £15,300 - £3,942 per year - vested over 4 years 📈
- Electric Car Allowance**: >£6,850 🚙⚡️🔌
- Annual Leave: 25 days per year plus one day per year of tenure (max 30 days) + national holidays 🏝
*Driven by our value of trust & transparency we have transparent progression framework and pay policy. This is an IC4 role with base salary + equity offer of £79,596 (excluding car allowance). The default if to take 12.5% of this as equity options and 87.5% as cash, however you can choose to take from 80% - 95% of the total compensation as cash, and the balance as equity.
**The car allowance provides for up to 10% additional base salary for you to put towards the costs of running or renting an electric vehicle. The purpose of the allowance is to further the reach of zero carbon transportation, but also to help us test our product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Years of experience