Senior Cloud Architect (f/d/m)
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity’s integrated inventory tracking system enables zero-error warehouses for companies like 3PL giant DSV and the world’s largest retailer, IKEA. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry, including Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil.
We are a diversified team of 25 nationalities who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
Job DescriptionWe are looking for an experienced and motivated Cloud Software Architect to help us design our systems and transition our core logic to the Cloud. You will be part of a team of smart engineers and contribute to deliver autonomous solutions for industrial applications.
- Lead the design of the software architecture of our Cloud systems, closely collaborating with other engineers, product owners, and relevant stakeholders
- Identify new relevant technologies and propose architectural patterns that ensure the performance, scalability, and reliability of our solutions
- Formalize software design processes, establish best practices, and mentor your colleagues to empower the team as we continue our shift toward the cloud
- Ensure the highest standards of our development environment by defining testing processes and infrastructure.
- Assist with the analysis of general and client-specific requirements.
- Help your peers with design and code reviews
- Contribute to the development of the systems you have designed
- MSc degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant field.
- Proven experience with AWS (e.g. Lambdas, DynamoDB, S3, IoT Core, etc.)
- Ideally, additional training in software architecture (e.g. iSAQB CPSA, AWS CSA or equivalent certification)
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience in software design and development, with a focus on developing and designing cloud-based applications and services
- Proven experience in the development and design of scalable, performant, robust and fault-tolerant software architectures
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud frameworks and services
- Excellent understanding of DevOps problematics related to infrastructure and deployment
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong commitment to high coding and design/architecture standards and best practices
- Practical experience delivering in agile environments
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of Python and/or C++
- Experience in robotics and/or inventory control applications
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Flexibility of a hybrid work environment. You can arrange start and finish times around your life (picking up kids, walking the dog, training for your next marathon at lunch)
- A great engineering culture, including flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on joint responsibility and mutual trust and support
- Working with a skilled, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team—with lots of opportunities to develop your professional career and grow with the company
- Annual team-building events, quarterly and monthly get-togethers, knowledge-sharing talks, game nights, and more
- 25 days of annual leave, employee stock ownership plan (conditions apply), variety of pension plans, and relocation packages
- Welcoming office space complete with friendly team members, free snacks (fresh fruits, coffee, and more!), and fun activities—we’re dog-friendly!
We are entrepreneurs, engineers, professionals, mathematicians, and designers; all working as one. Do you want to join a fast-moving young company where your contributions will make a difference? Then join us!
Years of experience