As (Senior) Camera Engineer (f/m/d), you help our remote drivers to see better. Cameras are the most crucial part of safe and reliable teleoperation and you will be responsible for the whole image acquisition pipeline of our teleoperation technology. This means you will benchmark available solutions on the market and in the setup selection weigh in frame rate, image quality, latency, and other metrics to holistically select the best cameras. You will be part of Fernride's growing tech department, work with the video team, and also closely with our CTO. If you are an experienced camera engineer who wants to see his know-how applied in the most impactful way, we would be happy to have you on the team. As one of our early team members, you will have the chance to shape the foundation of our product and culture.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop, test, deploy and optimize a world-class camera system for teleoperated/autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate with Fernride systems engineering team to design the sensing strategy for our driverless vehicle fleet
- Deliver camera profiles for different use cases/scenarios in Fernride's ODD (overexposure, glare, night, rain, etc.)
- Work with the engineering team to automate the camera profiles based on the conditions on road.
- Own, improve, and maintain sensor testing (test bench) and calibration processes and tools.
- Evaluate novel imaging sensor technologies and their impact on overall system performance.
- Work closely with the camera suppliers and build/maintain relationships with them.