(Senior) Camera Engineer (f/m/d)
Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Permanent employee, Full-time · Munich
As (Senior) Camera Engineer (f/m/d), you help our remote drivers to see better. Cameras are the most crucial part of safe and reliable teleoperation and you will be responsible for the whole image acquisition pipeline of our teleoperation technology. This means you will benchmark available solutions on the market and in the setup selection weigh in frame rate, image quality, latency, and other metrics to holistically select the best cameras. You will be part of Fernride's growing tech department, work with the video team, and also closely with our CTO. If you are an experienced camera engineer who wants to see his know-how applied in the most impactful way, we would be happy to have you on the team. As one of our early team members, you will have the chance to shape the foundation of our product and culture.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop, test, deploy and optimize a world-class camera system for teleoperated/autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate with Fernride systems engineering team to design the sensing strategy for our driverless vehicle fleet
- Deliver camera profiles for different use cases/scenarios in Fernride's ODD (overexposure, glare, night, rain, etc.)
- Work with the engineering team to automate the camera profiles based on the conditions on road.
- Own, improve, and maintain sensor testing (test bench) and calibration processes and tools.
- Evaluate novel imaging sensor technologies and their impact on overall system performance.
- Work closely with the camera suppliers and build/maintain relationships with them.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and delivering camera hardware and/or firmware in a design, integration, or testing role.
- In-depth understanding of the science behind digital imaging systems and performance evaluation of such systems
- Knowledge of camera-related SerDes architecture.
- Experience in developing and ensuring acceptance test or vehicle integration for cameras.
- Experience with imaging test lab management, setup, and implementation.
- Experience in debugging of camera module components (optics, image sensor, ISP, interfaces like GMSL, FPDLink, GigE)
- Experience in optical design and analysis tools like Zemax, LightTools, ANSYS SPEOS etc
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English or German in writing and speaking.
- A hands-on mentality, an analytical mindset, and a proven track record of problem-solving
- A strong sense of urgency to maintain service reliability and availability at the highest level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Strong emphasis on 'getting things done'
- Proficiency with data analysis tools and programming languages such as Python, C, and C++
- Previous experience shipping a complex system at scale in a highly cross-functional, interdisciplinary engineering team environment
- Knowledge of automotive communication architectures such as CAN-FD, LIN, Ethernet
- 30-minute screen call
- 1-hour interview with the hiring manager
- Case-Study in our office (or remotely)
- Reference calls
- Interview with the founders
Fernride offers Logistics customers the end to end integration of driverless vehicles into their processes. Building on 10 years of research, Fernride is developing the leading teleoperation platform which allows humans to safely remote monitor, assist and control vehicles from afar. Thus, Fernride is redefining the job of the driver who will evolve from a 1:1 remote operator to a highly effective fleet manager who assists up to 50 highly automated vehicles from the comfort of an office. Partnering with leading OEMs, Fernride enables the remote operation and full automation of driverless fleets - swap body or trailer trucks, forklifts, shuttles, or other vehicles.
Be ambitious: We set ambitious goals that challenge the status-quo and push us of our comfort-zone. We have a shared passion for building extraordinary products.
Take ownership: We actively take ownership of our tasks, products and teams. By being accountable, we know we can fully rely on each other.
Get things done: We get things done without getting hung up on unnecessary details. We know that the simple solution always wins over the complex one.
Be data-driven: We decide based on reliable data, enabling precision and maximum impact.
Strive for improvement: We continuously grow personally and professionally. Our open-minded mentality and love for learning allows us to reflect and progress on a daily basis.
Equality and Diversity at FERNRIDE
FERNRIDE is built on people and their differences give us strength. We want to provide equal opportunities to people from all walks of life. Join our journey of continuous learning and rapid growth. Help us celebrate equality and diversity!
Thank you for your interest in FERNRIDE! Please fill in the application form below. If you are facing any problems uploading your documents, please send your documents via e-mail to [email protected]