Senior C++ Software Engineer
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. Over the past two years of high-speed growth, our Apple Design Award-winning app has been regularly featured in Apple Keynotes and commercials, and demoed in retail stores around the world. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that uses our product every day. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
At Shapr3D it's really hard to get bored. One day you might be tweaking an animation on the UI, while the other day you are optimizing a numerical algorithm under the hood. Oh, and it's rather satisfying when you see your app featured on apple.com. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps.
Our tech stack:
- Our engine is written in standard C++17
- Our UI code is 100% Swift
- Our renderer is written in OpenGL (but we are switching to Metal soon)
- Some Objective-C, mostly for gluing Swift and C++ together
We are a hard working, but flexible team with great ambitions. We are dead serious about building an extremely successful company, and we are looking for similarly ambitious team members.
What you will do
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing in a very hands-on approach.
- Product development in C++ and Swift of a 3D CAD product.
- Building features across our technology stack
- Work in Agile environment with strong attention to a well-structured code, testing, and continuous integration.
- Being able to mentor/coach/train other colleagues as a domain expert
We are a team of agile, multidisciplinary developers. Many of us have worked on products from the beginning that scaled from 0 to tens of millions of users (Prezi, LogMeIn, join.me).
The way we work
Our office is located in the heart of Budapest, next to Deak Ferenc square. As we are a startup, with big ambitions, we are working very hard, but we are also making sure that nobody burns out. We respect your personal life and free time.
Since Shapr3D is a very young product, we do a lot of experimenting, and 70% of the job is feature development. We appreciate creative minds, who not only write code, but have a strong product mindset.
Skills & Requirements
- knowledge of modern C++
- product focused mindset
- ability to write high quality, testable, maintainable code
- humble and hard-working attitude
- basic computer science and math skills (meaning that you are not a mathematician, but eg. you could implement a complex algorithm from a paper, and you know basic linear algebra and geometry)
- mobile development experience is a big plus
What we offer?
- A down-to-earth culture and the chance to scale this thing up together
- The chance to build a word-class product and to learn from some of the best professionals in their field along the way
- Unconditional support for your professional development - be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it's on the house
- Relocation support if not from Hungary
- 100% sick leave payment
- An iPad Pro and Ultimaker office 3D printer so you can play with the app.
- A spacious office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest
- One of the best coffee machines in town and well-stocked office snacks (including fruit, cereals, sweets, savories, a company Wolt account while we’re working remote, and more)
A lot of things are slowing down right now due to COVID-19, so a quick update on where we stand. We’ll keep it short. Because not much has changed. We’re continuing recruitment and product development at full speed — just with a heck of a lot more video conferencing! As a well-funded SaaS company we’re lucky to be able to take all the precautionary safety measures, while we continue business as usual. So if this role speaks to you, we encourage you to apply to our (now remote) team.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.