Senior Backend Engineer (remote working optional)
GOWAGO is the easiest and most transparent platform in Switzerland to get a car for a monthly payment. We make it simple for users to get their perfect car, with everything included, all from the comfort of their own home. By doing so, we are taking the car journey into the future and are hiring amazing talent to join us on this adventure.
We are a team of 28 enthusiastic and talented people from many different nationalities working together on the next-generation car marketplace. Our office is based in Zürich, Switzerland but our teams are working from different countries.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior Backend Engineer to help us grow. Our product team currently consists of 8 people. Our developers are working remotely in Belgrade and Berlin. We take pride in our fast pace, execution excellence and clean codebase.
Our technology stack consists of the following:
- Main services written in Typescript using Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis etc.
- Several microservices and Lambda functions written in Typescript, Python and Go
- New services are based on an event driven, serverless architecture
- Many Machine Learning models and data pipelines
- Hosting mostly on AWS with a modern CI/CD pipeline, automated testing and infrastructure as code
- Come up with a performant architecture and decide on the right technology for the job
- Implement amazing features using state of the art coding practices and frameworks
- Write and deploy microservices and Lambda functions in your language of choice
- Help solving hard problems the developers in the team are facing and perform rigorous peer-reviews on the pull requests
- Setup new infrastructure elements on AWS as code
- Ensure that the codebase follows best practices including unit, integration and e2e testing
- Define and challenge upcoming features from a technical perspective
The following qualities are a must:
- Eager to work in a young team with a lot of freedom, flexibility and responsibility
- 5+ years of experience working with web technologies
- Solid knowledge of modern backend architecture
- Very passionate about coding and technology in general
- In-depth knowledge of Typescript and proficient in web technologies
- Engineering mindset
- Fluent English speaker
Having the following qualities helps but is not strictly necessary:
- Knowledge in DevOps CDK and AWS
- Experience in setting up, maintaining and monitoring serverless architectures
- Likes cars and is interested in the transportation and mobility of the future
- Implement some of the key areas of the backend in order to bring GOWAGO to the next level and ready for future international expansion
- Work with a skilled team with diverse interests, backgrounds and lifestyles
- Freedom to work how you and from where you want
- 25 days of holidays
- Traveling to Zürich 2-3 times a year if working from remote
- A chance to get company equity in a fast growing startup
GOWAGO believes in rewarding success and working with outstanding people. We are seeking individuals that are passionate and can make a difference. We are offering a competitive package, including the chance for company equity in a fast growing startup.