Senior Backend Developer (m/f/x)
Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Freelancer, Full-time · Remote
Full remote work possible (European time zones only).
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region and are based in Vienna. We are active in more than a dozen countries. Through our marketplace we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets that are 40% cheaper and much more sustainable.
Learn more about how we work and how our team is structured - https://www.refurbed.org/about/workflow
Learn more about our backend systems & architecture - https://www.refurbed.org/about/backend
Learn more about our blog - https://www.refurbed.org
We are looking for a senior Go developer to help us build our platform. This includes our main API, AMQP worker daemon as well as several other services.
Who you are
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development using a statically typed programming language
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Motivation to learn new technologies
- You work independently and are goal-oriented
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones
What you'll do
- Learn our tech stack and become an effective member of the team
- Develop and maintain our main APIs and backend services
- Allow integration of external systems into our platform
- Participate in code reviews, provide thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Ensure code you create is of high quality, well designed, well performing and easy to maintain
- Own the features you implement and ensure they are successfully rolled out into production
- Contribute to write clear specifications, documentation, and tests
Additional factors we appreciate
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience working with NGINX
- You have experience working with RabbitMQ
- You have experience working on highly-available and fault-tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
Why you should work with us
- Startup atmosphere
- Work with an experienced team of experts
- Regular code-reviews
- Challenging tech-stack
- Available as fully remote position
Things we want to see from you:
- Your CV
- Your expected salary
- Your Github/GitLab profile or open source projects you contributed to
- Other representative examples of your work that are relevant to the position
- If you are active in communities like StackOverflow, please let us know as well
For legal matters we state that the minimum wage for this position is 3129 € gross per month. However, depending on your qualification a higher salary is obviously very likely.
Thank you for your interest in refurbed. We are extremely happy that you are thinking about joining us and can identify with our mission.
We will do our best to always keep you informed about the process and progress of your application. We read all applications thoroughly and will also consider you for other job openings, should your profile fit other open positions as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will consider your application regardless of race, age, disability, gender, martital status, heritage, religion and nationality. We will look at your experience, your personality and your motivation to determine whether this job is right for you.