(Senior) Associate (f/m/d) in Vienna
About UNIQA Ventures
UNIQA Ventures is one of the leading venture capital funds in the CEE region, with currently EUR 150 million under management. Based in Vienna, our investments range between EUR 0.5 and 5 million per startup as an initial investment, based on which we aim to selectively expand the investment volume in follow-on rounds. Our focus is on strong teams which dare to reinvent the future of FinTech, InsurTech and HealthTech and we act as their partner providing access to capital, industry knowledge and a global network.
UNIQA ventures is looking to expand their team and are hiring an Associate.
- Active deal sourcing via existing networks within our target sectors
- Research and analyze market and technology trends to identify companies and developments that are relevant to our investment hypothesis
- Evaluate investment proposals including in-depth analysis of business plans, including financial and investment analysis
- Lead deal execution (perform commercial and financial due diligence, investment summary for deal meetings, term sheet, legal negotiations with external lawyers etc.)
- Monitoring and reporting of our portfolio and their respective markets, including key metrics and business development
- Managing of investments (portfolio companies) including attendance of board meetingsInteracting with startups, funds and internal contacts to obtain/share information
- Actively represent UNIQA Ventures at conferences and events (willingness to travel is being expected)
- You have already worked 2-3 years for Venture Capital funds or offer exceptional experience in a start-up, at a top-tier consulting firm, or in the fields of Investment Banking
- You are comfortable working in English.
- You have an outstanding degree from a top-tier university
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with a keen interest in start-ups and technology
- Good analytical skills and understanding of relevant financial metrics
- Proven ability of discussing and negotiating deal documents with law firms, startups and fellow investors
- You have a genuine interest and a solid understanding of our target sectors
- You are a good networker with great communications skills
- You are hands-on with a collaborative and team-oriented mindset
- You are a critical thinker with strong decision-making abilities
- You have advanced knowledge in the most common MS Office applications, especially Excel
- You hold EU citizenship or a valid working permit for the EU
- The chance to gain insights and work experience in a VC Fund.
- Working directly and hands-on with founders and their startups
- Opportunity to work in an open-minded and international team.
- Flat hierarchies & the chance to grow within the organization
According to Austrian law we are required to state a minimum salary for this position. The expected minimum salary for this role is EUR 50 000 gross annually. The salary will be a competitive package based on previous work experience, hence overpayment is possible.
Are you interested in joining us?
Hit the “Apply for this job” button now and join UNIQA Ventures
UNIQA Ventures believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the Venture Capital world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.
We look forward hearing from you!