Senior Android Developer at Blloc
Blloc, founded in 2016 and backed by top tier SilliconValley + EU investors is on a mission to create a more humane and mindful digital future.
Leading by example, we launched Ratio, a unique redesign of the smartphone experience that enables users to get the most out of their phone effectively, mindfully, spend less time on their screen and be more productive. Ratio has become one of the most active and vibrant android communities.
We are looking for an experienced hands on android developer with a passion for clean, effective and impactful design.
- 4+ years full-time Android development experience on consumer facing apps
- Proficient in Java + Kotlin
- Production experience with kotlinx coroutines and Jetpack libraries
- Extensive experience in building and launching to a wide array of devices and addressing device specific issues
- People + communication skills, eager to collaborate with others across disciplines (Product Management, Design, Engineering Teams)
- Builder / Proactive. Show us a side project / hobby project you launched.
- Competitive Salary + Attractive ESOP (US based shares) structure.
- Work and contribute directly on a live product used by hundreds of thousand active users right away.
- Work on an impactful product > Help users spend less time on social media and connect more with friends.
- Exciting tech problem that evolves and challenges your creativity and intellect daily.
- Autonomy, we praise a hackers meet Product people culture, you get the freedom to work with your users directly and collaborate on product planning, design and marketing.
- Fun and humble group of Devs to work with
- Cozy office in Mitte, at the heart of startups
- Mac laptop
- Android Phone of your choice
- 1000€ / year self development budget
As we prefer hands on, please provide your Github profile (enable activity view to count private commits) to help us evaluate currency.
The best CV is an app you built, launched and used by users + what you learned from it.
Remote is possible in CEST Time Zones +/- 2 max. However preference will be on on-site / willing to relocate candidates.