Senior Accountant - Transactions (f/m/d)
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. We closed Europe’s largest Series A funding round of 2020 and have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
As an Accounting Specialist, you will handle wallet-related transactions and reflect those in our books, as well as support our Accounting team across various topics.
What you'll be doing:
- Be able to independently reflect wallet-related transactions in our books (fiat and crypto-related topics)
- Develop SQL queries for balance reconciliations and automatized processes in accounting and tax
- Provide ideas for implementing posting logic to new products and be able to implement the corresponding queries via SQL
- Give input regarding process optimisation for daily accounting and reconciliation routines
- Be valuable support during the monthly closing of fiat and crypto-related balances
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an accountant
- Certified accountant or higher education (e.g. bachelor’s or master’s degree)
- Basic knowledge of local GAAP (UGB) and of Austrian Tax Law (VAT and Income Tax)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in SQL and a strong affinity for IT
- Excellent German and English skills
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.