Senior Accountant - Projects
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. We closed Europe’s largest Series A funding round of 2020 and have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
As an Accounting Project Specialist, you will analyse and document requirements from accounting, as well as take over tasks in different projects.
What you'll be doing:
- be a valuable support during analysis and ongoing optimisation as well as further development of the internal accounting system
- help to plan and implement automatization solutions using existing and new IT technologies in the accounting department
- be able to collect, analyse and document requirements from accounting and align requirements cross-functionally with other business teams regarding e.g. new products
- act as a translator between accounting and IT and transform the requirements with focus on high quality into technically detailed and system-based concepts
- development of new and support for existing IT interface solutions
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an accountant
- Project management know-how and strong affinity for IT
- Certified accountant or higher education (e.g. Bachelor or Master degree)
- Basic knowledge of local GAAP (UGB) and of Austrian Tax Law (VAT and Income Tax)
- Excellent German and English skills
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise you own workload without relying on oversight from others.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.