Senior Account Manager (f/m/d)
As featured in the likes of The Telegraph, Independent and Forbes, Patchwork is an award-winning digital healthcare solution that was built by doctors, for doctors.
We are a rapidly growing team of 100+ people revolutionising flexible working in the NHS and are helping NHS organisations save millions (and counting), by connecting them to an increasing number of flexible bank workers. We help grow their staff banks, remove reliance and spending on locum agencies, and aim to improve the general experience of flexible bank working.
We have always taken pride in having a hybrid working model even before the pandemic. Despite not being a fully remote employer, we are a flexible employer and encourage all of our employees to come into the office twice a week.
As an Account Manager at Patchwork, you'll be managing clients that are of
strategic importance and will be dedicated to finding additional opportunities within current client accounts by establishing lasting relationships with key decision makers.
The role is focused on senior Account Management and Business Development where you will have sole responsibility across a region for managing the overall strategic relationship with a defined group of Patchwork customers.
You will ensure our clients are retained whilst securing additional revenue from these customers by expanding the use of Patchwork products & services through upselling and cross selling. This role supports the selling of Patchwork’s suite of products and services, working closely with the Head of Customer Success to ensure accounts are optimised based on customer, revenue, and service requirements.
You will be expected to use data and relationships to build proposals that create value for our clients and be an excellent communicator who’s able to grasp executive and senior stakeholder client needs, identify the ways to excel in fulfilling them and multi-task under tight deadlines.
Ultimately, you will seek opportunities to maximise client happiness and nurture long-term and positive relationships with clients & executive or senior stakeholders throughout their journey of engaging with Patchwork.
Salary Range: £55,000-£70,000
- Build and maintain a trusted strategic partnership with each customer within your region, with particular focus on executive, senior stakeholders and contract holders acting as their primary point of contact.
- Negotiate balanced renewals and expansions that profit our business while benefiting the client and shepherd the deals through negotiation
- Gain command of our corporate/product messages, leverage data in our platform and identify strategic growth opportunities to help clients understand and optimise/grow their business
- Grow revenue within existing accounts by identifying new sales opportunities and successfully seeing them through contracting
- Conduct well-informed and consultative meetings with senior level executives to demonstrate the business value of our solutions that clearly articulate our innovative products
- Accountable for existing revenue through customer retention, contract renewals and expansion through upselling and cross-selling of Patchwork products and services.
- Ensure executive stakeholders have oversight of their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), service delivery and achievements against defined outcomes in the utilisation of Patchwork solutions, working in conjunction with Customer Success to confidently communicate recommendations to improve outcomes, system, and service improvements.
- In parallel, you will act as a point of escalation for the region for complaints and escalate issues as appropriate.
- A significant proportion of your time will be spent positioning the value of our product with stakeholders. There’s a reason we call you a trusted advisor-- this is less about the hard sell and more about having the product knowledge, passion and people skills to help the prospect make the best decision for their needs.
- To achieve this you will be an expert in assessing the user cases within your organisation and customise your presentation/discussions based on the clients goals, desired outcomes and customer experience.
- You will have deep knowledge on our constantly evolving products/services and understand the nuances of how it can be used so that you’re able to support our clients accordingly.
- You are a strong strategic thinker with a problem-solving aptitude and project management mindset.
- You are highly organised and able to manage several responsibilities at once with little oversight.
- You are naturally curious and have a history of learning new things quickly.
- Typically 5+ years in a consulting role or Account Management / Client Engagement role.
- You exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills with the ability to confidently engage and communicate with senior stakeholders / c-suite stakeholders.
- You are comfortable and adept with data interpretation
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets and KPIs
- Willingness and ability to travel across your accounts / region to see your clients on-site
- Healthcare experience is desirable but not essential.
- Support remote/flexible working environments
- Dog friendly office
- Cycle and Tech loan scheme
- EMI Shares Options
- Access to Perkbox
- Parental Support through Poncho
- Salary advances with our financial wellbeing partner, Wagestream
- Free therapy, counselling and other wellbeing services through our Employee Assistance Programme: Health Assured
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders in the business
- Weekly Lunch & Learn
- Monthly Culture Club: Diversity talks, cooking workshops, book clubs
- Assigned Learning & Development budget per employee
The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS check, due to any potential interactions on site with clients.
We receive a lot of applications and as a small team we are unable to give individual feedback on each application. If you have not heard from us within a week, unfortunately you have not been selected for an interview
Patchwork provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, colour, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognised protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Client Partnerships
- Patchwork HQ
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Yearly salary
- 55,000 - 70,000
Years of experience