Semiconductor Device & Applications Engineer (f/m/d)
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors. Its unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials, called PoroGaNTM, engineered to deliver new materials properties and functionalities.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. We can control the porosification process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical.
In conjunction with its partner and foundry network, Porotech is commercialising its PoroGaNTM semiconductor device solutions, offering an entirely new platform for MicroLED devices to be built upon and delivering transformative properties in a single, fully scalable step.
The technology is revolutionising the next-generation Micro-LED display industry by enabling all three (red, green and blue) pixel colours to be realised on a single InGaN materials system – an important world-first for mass market adoption.
About the role
We are looking for a Semiconductor Device and Applications Engineer to join our product development team based in Cambridge, UK. You will lead projects in materials and device structure design, modelling, fabrication and testing. This role will be hands on, supporting the R&D activity and reporting to the VP Product Development.
If you have this mindset and believe you could bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we’d love to meet you and find out if our challenge is just as exciting to you as it is to us.
We are seeking individuals who can:
- Manage individual projects and deliver prototypes and demonstrators defined by the company’s technology and product roadmap
- Develop on-site characterisation capability to support R&D activity
- Work closely with and support the VP Product to develop future material and device technologies
- Work with external customers and industrial partners
- Travel to project partner or customer’s site
- Be outcome focused and report to all levels of the business
Skills & experience required:
- Qualification to PhD level, or degree paired with suitable experience in semiconductor physics, materials chemistry, materials science or electrical engineering
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in design, modelling, fabrication and testing of compound semiconductor materials and devices
- Demonstrable experience of successfully developing new products and processes for optoelectronic devices
- Experience of carrying proof of concept technologies through to prototype level
- Very flexible approach to project delivery
- An exceptional team player with strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Experience of III-nitride semiconductors or other compound semiconductor material and optoelectronic device development
- Experience in materials characterisation and testing techniques, such as Raman spectroscopy, AFM, Hall, PL, SEM, XRD, XPS, etc
- Capability to design and develop novel semiconductor devices from the base material
- Experience in test hardware integration and development of test setups (fibre optics, spectrometers, source-measurement units)
- Experience in mechanical design and CAD skills
- Device/optical modelling capabilities (e.g. COMSOL, FDTD and Lumerical)
- Experience in text-based coding for data analysis
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate could also benefit from a generous company share option program as well as health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making your acquaintance.
Years of experience