Sales Development Representative (SDR)
We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across the UK. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
About the Role:
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be at the forefront of our expansion, helping to rapidly build our customer base, you will be:
- Researching prospective customers in the construction and maintenance industries
- Qualifying and pitching our service to decisions makers to convert them into YardLink customers
- Understanding specific customer needs and developing the right approach to meet their requirements
- Working to hit a weekly and monthly target, and keeping on top of your sales pipeline
- Being creative and using your initiative to develop our customer base
- Communicating and collaborating daily with your line manager and team
Knowledge & Experience:
- Excited about the idea of helping construction companies with their supply chain, to help them deliver projects on time and on budget
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. You understand that start-ups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of chaos
- 1-3 years B2B sales experience. Previous experience selling to the construction industry is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Highly confident and comfortable speaking to customers and key decision makers
- Tech savvy. Comfortable working with our CRM solution and software tools.
- A strong communicator and have great writing skills
- Generally open minded and curious about the world
- Team player that fits right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out
• Passionate about getting the best outcome for our customers and suppliers.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills at a number of different levels.
• A confident approach to calling customers and suppliers.
• The ability to be able to objection handle and ask open questions.
• Team player who can see how the sales function is key to business success.
• Has a willingness to learn and experience ongoing personal growth.
• A proactive individual with a “can do” attitude (self-starter).
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a fast growing team dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level