Sales Account Executive (m/f/x)
Sales Account Executive (m/f/x)
Location: Austria, Liechtenstein, Southern Germany, Switzerland
Position: fulltime employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company in the IOT space, both Forbes and Gartner have recognized us as cutting edge. The company is well funded with $10M+ of fresh capital we raised in our latest financing round this year. We are gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are looking for a passionate Sales Account Executive (m/f/x) with high level of drive and energy, strong sales skills and the ability to close fast.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Sales Account Executive will focus on net new customers and managing existing customers in the territory of Switzerland, Western Austria, Liechtenstein and Southern Germany.
As many of the target customers are in the industrial segment, a working knowledge of the manufacturing vertical is required, and the ability to sell to both OT (operational) and IT decision makers to be successful in the role.
The ideal candidate will be: Driven by results and defined by excellence, a person who loves to sell technology in a competitive environment, understands the customer buying process and sales methodology, and thrives on developing long-term customer relations.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- The ability to build the world-leader for IIoT databases
- The ability to grow your career with the growth of a SaaS leader
- A result-driven environment that allows you to reach your full potential
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Benefit from a welcoming and supportive working climate
- Be part of an open collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
- Grow sales of CrateDB database products and support through outbound prospecting and inbound leads in the defined territory
- Grow sales of the Crate solution, a brand new application stack (analytics capabilities and notification engine) for manufacturing customers
- Proactively prospect, identify and develop the sales pipeline
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets
- Form consultative, trusting and strong relationships with our customers
- Partner with marketing to support demand and awareness generation activities
- Work cross-functionally with presales, customer engineering, and Marketing to make accounts successful
- Have an optimistic attitude that inspires colleagues and customer
We are looking for top-performing sales leaders to join our team
- 5+ years in a fast-paced, high-growth SaaS software environment with focus on new business
- Experienced in complex Enterprise B2B sales - ability to deal with both BDMs and TDMs
- Prior knowledge of the manufacturing industry in the areas of industry 4.0 and smart factories
- A track record of overachievement and hitting sales targets
- Experience in IIoT/cloud/database or horizontal technology selling preferred
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of complex technology
- A natural ability to build strong relationships with our clients and also internally
- Ability to learn quickly, establish credibility and passionate about technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- A plus: Familiar with open-source technology
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene
(Winner of the 2021 IoT Evolution: Industrial IoT Product of the Year Award)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity