Revenue Operations Analyst (f/m/d)
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as an Operations Analyst at Accurx
As an Operations Analyst you will be part of the Commercial team, helping Accurx to deliver as much to the health system as possible.
Innovating at scale in healthcare isn't easy. That’s why the role of Operations at Accurx is to understand the barriers to innovation, support NHS staff to overcome them and create the right internal systems to allow our colleagues to do what they do best: build & implement impactful software.
Most roles in start-ups involve a range of different responsibilities. Things move fast so you can expect new, unanticipated, projects to come your way and exposure to lots of different aspects of the business. This is especially true of Operations at Accurx.
What the team say:
"This is a really exciting time to join a growing team at Accurx. The Commercial Operations team at Accurx plays a critical role in helping grow our revenue. You’ll be an essential partner for our Commercial and Product teams to ensure they have the data insights, tools and processes in place to succeed. We’ve lofty commercial goals, a need for additional commercial data insights and a roadmap for implementation of many new tools and processes. You will play a key part in shaping and implementing this strategy."
Bill, Operations Lead
Your core responsibilities are sure to include:
- You’ll work with our Partnerships team to identify and fix bottlenecks in our sales funnel allowing us to grow more rapidly.
- You’ll work closely with our Customer Success team to ensure high client retention and seamless renewal process.
- You’ll be overseeing our contract creation and take the lead on automating and improving contracting and other internal processes.
- Working with NHS Digital to define and implement new ways for customers to procure our products.
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You have experience in operations, start ups, consulting or comparable roles.
- You have experience of improving business processes and understand how to make them suitable for scale.
- You continuously demonstrate high attention to detail in the work that you deliver.
- You are able to ruthlessly prioritise, and balance multiple competing responsibilities at once.
- You have excellent relationship management and rapport building skills.
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- Problem-solving is what you live for - you relish in the constant hurdles a start up throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values.
Salary & Benefits package:
- £35k-£45k salary + meaningful share options.
- Flexible working including core hours and up to 2 days remote working per week.
- Generous leave policies including 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and enhanced parental leave.
- £1000 annual learning and development budget; £500 wellness budget.
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room.
- In house therapists available daily.
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
- Read more about our benefits here.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
Years of experience