Retention Activity Manager/Lead
As our Retention Activity Manager/Lead you’ll build and maintain key retention campaigns to ensure that Tide members stay happy and engaged with the platform. You’ll build strong workflows across all appropriate communication channels and will be as comfortable jumping on the phone and speaking to members, as setting up an email campaign with retention and anti-churn logic, whilst working closely with the rest of the engagement, support and product teams. You’ll also be responsible for defining a set of retention metrics and continuous monitoring and reporting on them.
You’ll manage communication via all channels with members who may want to cancel their plan or leave Tide. This includes telesales, email, sms, push, in-app, whichever is most appropriate. You’ll communicate with empathy, understand their concerns, and find creative solutions. With a range of options e.g. offering free add-ons, you’ll build on effective sales skills to ensure everyone you speak to feels satisfied with the outcome.
Through continuous testing and measurement, you will improve how we use customer data for personalised campaigns. You will aim to recognise churn patterns sooner, so we can act at the right time and improve our campaign automation, and make better business decisions overall. You will adapt quickly, learning by doing. We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborating closely with direct feedback, and encouraging action over deliberation.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Creating a test and learn pipeline for Retention activities, lead on with audience selection, working with data and CRM colleagues and produce post-campaign analysis on all retention activities to gather insight for future campaigns
- Using a test and learn approach to measure uplift in retention by offer and segment type
- Building a small retention team of CRM, data and telesales marketers and agents
- Demonstrating your experience with CRM, ideally in the context of subscription and/or app-based business models
- Using new automation solutions for contacts via email, SMS, push and other channels; ideally with hands-on experience with one of: Iterable, Hubspot, Braze, Salesforce, Zendesk, Looker or similar automation / CRM / BI tools
- Executing end-to-end of campaigns, activation, retention, loyalty programs, experiments, across a number of sub products and revenue-generating business units
- Analytically using data to define, build and maintain segments
- Writing and editing copy
- Using good communication skills, talking to very technical and very non-technical colleagues
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You have a passion for marketing, startups/fintechs
- You have fantastic communication skills - you can talk to customers, as well as technical and non-technical colleagues, with a high level of empathy and confidence
- You have good Excel skills
- You have experience handling large amounts of data from different sources - you can turn data into strategic insight
- You have experience in segmentation and targeting
- You have the ability to handle multiple projects at once with tight timescales
- You are able to adapt quickly and efficiently to changing priorities
Who are Tide?
We’re the UK’s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We’re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love - for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks.
Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria and Hyderabad, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We’re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data.
We’re also one of LinkedIn’s top 10 hottest UK companies to work for.