Release Train Engineer / Release Manager
Do you have a passion for preparing new applications for release and enjoy working in a multicultural and good-humored team in an inspiring work environment?
We are looking for a motivated and target-driven personality to help us deliver projects on time and at high quality. You will work closely with technical, business, product, and other teams/stakeholders across the company to plan new releases. You will be primarily concerned with the flow of changes through various pre-production environments culminating in successful deployment into the production environment in the least disruptive manner.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity enables zero-error warehousing for big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers, with our integrated inventory tracking system. Verity counts 3PL giant DSV and IKEA among their current client base. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you’ll do
- Manage the release lifecycle including planning, scheduling, managing, and coordinating releases across multiple applications implemented by different teams from Development to Testing, and finally handover to the customer deployment team
- Construct a release calendar for different projects to have a centralized view of all releases
- Work closely with different Development teams and other stakeholders, e.g. Product, from the beginning of a project and see it through to the moment of release
- Backlog management: preparation and prioritization of epics and user stories together with Product and Development teams
- Establish KPIs, continuously monitor releases and provide reports about their progress
- Ensure that solutions to open defects and incident tickets are included in scheduled releases
- Ensure consistent, on-time delivery of high-quality releases, adhering to the internal quality guidelines
- Continuously improve release process to schedule faster and more frequent delivery of our applications
What you bring
- Customer-oriented personality with a degree (FH, BSc, or MSc) in Business Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years of sound practical and project experience with a high understanding of the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Thorough understanding of delivering artifacts with a focus on R&D projects
- Excellent understanding of processes and methods that meet high quality standards
- Methodological competence of agile approaches (SCRUM, SAFe, Kanban, XP, ...)
- Exceptional time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of DevOps principles (CI/CD pipelines)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Training in project management (e.g. IPMA, PMI, Hermes) and/or test management (e.g. ISTQB)
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Operational understanding of delivering hardware and software components
Who you are
- Team player with high problem-solving competence, capable of working autonomously
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and ensure collaboration for efficient delivery
- Open and positive mindset (error culture), particularly in case of unplanned hurdles and setbacks
- Analytical understanding, structured and results-oriented working method
- Sound judgement balancing a pragmatic approach against strictly following a rule
Why you’ll love Verity
We are a great (and growing) team.
At Verity, you’ll be surrounded by team members who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. Our team represents more than 20 nationalities, a variety of advanced degrees, and experience at some of today’s most innovative companies.
We think big.
We know that our employees are the key to our success. We are big thinkers—creative problem solvers who share a total commitment to client success. And we believe in the importance of balancing practical experience with honed skills and higher education.
We have an engineering culture.
70% of our team—including our leadership team—are engineers. No matter what your role at Verity, you’ll enjoy our solution-oriented engineering culture that features flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on mutual trust and joint responsibility.
We deliver cutting-edge technologies.
To solve some of today’s most complex challenges, we combine mechanical, electrical, and software engineering with sophisticated algorithms and machine learning. Our solutions encompass everything from embedded applications, to cloud microservices, to complete, innovative autonomous drone systems—that work.
We offer exceptional quality of life.
The picturesque mountains near our Zürich headquarters will take your breath away, but the view is just the beginning. Over the past 20 years, the city of Zurich has been ranked in 1st or 2nd place as the "worldwide quality of living city." We also offer flexible working hours, competitive benefits, and regular events and activities to constantly strengthen our Verity community.
We are growing—fast!
Named one of the 25 most promising Swiss scale-ups in 2020, we are expanding our solutions, extending our markets, and growing our team (lots of opportunities to grow your career!). Headed by founder and CEO, Raffaello D’Andrea (of Kiva Systems/Amazon Robotics fame), our team has decades of experience building success from the ground up—and creating disruptive solutions that make a mark on the world.
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.ch.