R&D Tax Assistant Manager (f/m/d)
R&D Tax Assistant Manager
London HQ 🌍| 50-100
Our ‘Why’, ‘How’, and ‘What’
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founder's choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of the world’s startups to achieve their own vision.
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world’s fastest growing tech startups such as Gousto, This!, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that’s why you will interact with Founders, Financial Directors, CFOs, COOs and Office Managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.
A day in the life of a Research & Development Tax Assistant Manager
As a R&D Tax Assistant Manager, you will be incorporating both scientific/technical expertise and corporate tax knowledge to collaborate with clients in preparing R&D tax relief claims. You will be working directly with both technical (CTOs/Technical Directors) and finance (CFO) stakeholders across a portfolio of SME tech clients and advising them on an ongoing basis as to R&D growth opportunities.
Day to Day, you will be leading a team auditing client’s technology activity against R&D tax legislation, effectively extracting technical information, reviewing technical documents to ensure this is presented to HM Revenue & Customs in a clear and technically accurate manner. A key component of your role being the preparation/collation/review of the qualifying R&D expenditure, accompanying financial schedules and the submission of the relevant tax documents to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Meeting prospective clients to assess their claim potential under the Research and Development Tax Relief scheme.
- Working directly with and coordinating technical/financial interviews with a portfolio of software clients.
- Preparing thorough and substantiated technical/financial documentation to support the eligibility of R&D claims.
- Speaking and meeting regularly with clients and advise on any technical issues with both clients and HM Revenue and Customs.
- Supporting clients in advance of and during HM Revenue and Customs enquiries.
- Manage, and aid in the development and training of junior members of the team to further enhance team capability within the software industry.
- Ensuring all risk and review processes are followed.
- You have a degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Technology related discipline.
- You've experience in the preparation and successful submission of R&D Tax Relief claims in the Information Technology, Financial services and SAAS sectors.
- You have either industry experience as a software developer, software engineer or within the software development lifecycle/are a qualified in accounting/tax with ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA qualification
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong numerical ability and great diligence.
- You are initiative-taking with a drive to achieve and a passion to deliver top quality work.
- Professional attitude with a strong ability to project credibility to clients.
- Experience mentoring junior staff
What we offer you
🚀 An opportunity to work with the world’s leading tech startups.
⚖️ Autonomous and flexible work style - 2 WFH d/m and flex start & finish times each day (+-1). We don’t need time sheets to be at our most efficient!
🍕 A fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch.
🎉 Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks, and dinners thrown by our very own social committee.
💚 Green Team - environmental catch ups and initiatives.
💻 Tech - all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
🌟 Personal Development - we’re harnessing a culture of learning and want you to have the chance to become a leader from day 1.
💎 Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution.
🌴 25 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas eve to NY office closure.
Years of experience