Quantitative Risk Analyst
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. We closed Europe’s largest Series A funding round of 2020 and have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
Bitpanda is on the way to expanding its business segments. This requires a strengthening of our financial risk management capacities. Therefore, we are looking for a new team member with a strong quantitative background and experience in risk management.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and review quantitative risk models for calculation of market risk related to exposures to financial assets traded and held by Bitpanda
- Monitor market risk levels and define risk hedging strategies for Bitpanda’s current and future asset classes
- Contribute to the analysis of our net exposures from performance and risk perspective
- Periodically report key risk levels to senior management
- Participate in defining and developing quantitative tools for stress testing and scenario analysis
What we’re looking for:
- Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Financial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Risk Management, Econometrics)
- Proven track record in risk modelling and programming with statistical software (R, Python)
- Understanding of stocks, ETFs, FX and financial markets and risk concepts such as VaR and scenario analysis, using Monte Carlo simulation models
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in market risk management
- Fluent in English
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.