🌍 Location: Remote +/- 3hrs GMT
What does Sylvera do? 👩👨🌳
In less than a year, Sylvera has built a partnership with NASA, secured investment from Europe’s top VC fund, and built an extraordinary team.
Sylvera is bringing transparency to the opaque voluntary carbon markets by using satellite data and machine learning algorithms to accurately assess the performance of carbon offset projects. This transparency helps scale a global market primed for 15-100x growth in the coming 10 years.
What’s my impact? 👩💻👨💻
- Contribute to the development of a unique and mission-critical rating product
- Rigorously explore the mathematical variables driving evaluations, culminating in reliable and fair frameworks
- Explore ways to extend frameworks, and develop new methodologies for different offset projects
- Establish best practices and processes internally, and communicate them among the team
- Collaborate with a world-class team of Researchers, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Environmental Policy Specialists
- Ensuring data integrity for the variables used in rating the product
What do I need? 🧠💚
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a highly quantitative discipline - Ideally Masters (Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science are desirable)
- Previous exposure to mathematical modelling (Finance, Accounting, Energy)
- 1-2 years of professional quantitative, programming and modelling experience
- Strong Excel/Sheets
- Accustomed to working with databases e.g. SQL
- Familiarity with Versioning system e.g. Git
- Ability to pose questions to drive opinions and thoughts to all levels of the organisation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to convey technical concepts clearly
Brownie Points 🎂
- Familiarity with unit testing and test-driven development
- Problem-solving in relation to complex mathematical problems in a professional setting
- Proven ability to take a process from inception to production
What if you're a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Competitive salary; options; matched pension.
Remote (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)