Quality Assurance Engineer - Chargers and Integrations (f/m/d)
Electric vehicle sales are booming - it’s been predicted that 40% of new cars sold as of 2030 globally will be electric. But one of the most challenging elements of owning an electric vehicle is its charging - and that’s where we come in.
We set up in 2018 to make EV charging simple, green and low cost for drivers, to encourage EV adoption and contribute to the decarbonisation of transport. Core to the platform is a proprietary smart-charging algorithm, dynamically aligning charging with intermittent low-carbon electricity, reducing carbon emissions from grid electricity by as much as 70%.
We have a diverse and fully remote team of roughly 40 - and we’re growing! We’ve grown to 20,000 users, secured $9m in Series A funding, and were named ‘Best Energy Startup in the World’. But we need more talented folks to join us on the journey as we launch worldwide, grow our user base to over 1 million, and deliver new charging services and analytics offerings.
ev.energy is here to enable cheaper, greener, simpler electric vehicle charging, for everyone.
You’ll help us drive towards being the world’s EV charging platform by integrating and testing the chargers that drivers’ use with our software platform.
EV chargers are complex products, you’ll learn to be comfortable solving electrical and networking problems (embedded systems) in addition to designing and following rigorous software testing processes. And if that wasn’t enough, as we work with new partners all the time, speed is key.
There’s different reasons this role could support your career:
- If you have a background in electronics, we’ll support you to learn expertise in a growing industry.
- If you’re a talented tester, we’ll support you to learn how to be a leader in QA.
- If you’re an open minded engineer, we’ll support you to learn how to integrate challenging hardware and software.
- If you’re interested in energy entrepreneurship, we’ll support you to learn how to build a market leading test laboratory.
While we’re a remote company, this specific role requires you to be based at our testing lab near Luton at least three days per week - that’s where the chargers are.
What are we looking for?
- Organisation - Able to clearly organise complex information to aid communication across teams
- Attention to detail - Notices even the smallest issues but prioritises accordingly
- Proactivity - Acts without instruction and brings new ideas to the team
- Inquisitive - You are driven to understand complex systems and ask questions on how they work
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately
- Mission Driven - Believes in the ev.energy mission and able to drive us towards it
- Experience testing and debugging systems
- Experience working with engineers (ideally in an agile environment)
- Amazing candidates will also have experience with electrical/embedded systems
How will we support you?
- Remote working, investing in your home office setup or a coworking location convenient for you
- Access to conferences, meetups and training
- A top of the range Macbook Pro and all you need to do your best work
- A structured career progression framework and advancement opportunities
- Employee perks and benefit schemes
- Quarterly team meet-ups, to collaborate and have fun in person!
If you don’t have all of the requirements but you’re really interested in what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants regardless of their background or years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are transparent about salaries internally - this role pays 40,100 GBP base salary plus share options and other benefits.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level