We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. Over the past two years of high-speed growth, our Apple Design Award-winning app has been regularly featured in Apple Keynotes and commercials and demoed in retail stores around the world. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that uses our product every day. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
By joining the Engineering team at Shapr3D, you'll get the chance to build a top-notch product – one that's already been used by hundreds of thousands of design professionals across the globe. Hence, well on its way to disrupting a 30-year-old CAD industry. Oh, and it's rather satisfying when you see your app featured on apple.com. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps.
Besides constructing an amazing application, we are also working hard at Shapr3D on building a world-class engineering organization.
In our Engineering VP's words: “Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.” (Ákos Kapui, Engineering VP).Read more about scaling-up engineering at Shapr3D and listen some thoughts from our Engineering VP on managing hyper-growth.
How would you contribute to the mission?
First and foremost, you’d be doing a lot of 3D modeling. And while doing so, you’d prove your expertise in the application domain and functional area more and more as you go. You’d actively participate in all stages of the agile development cycle, which means you’d work closely with product designers, developers, fellow testers, and project managers.
We’d count on your eagle eye in spotting and identifying risks during the development cycle, and you’d also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics. Your functional and technical knack in bug fixes would also be put to good use as we’d expect you to find and diagnose bugs. You’d design, maintain, and execute test suites for technical specification and user requirements. It’s also on you to stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies. And if you see any room for improvement in the product, the technial design, or the processes, your ideas are always welcome.
A sneak peek into our stack:
- We’re releasing our product to 3 platforms: iPadOS, macOS, and Windows, and while all of the three share our cross-platform CAD engine at their cores, each has its own platform-specific UI logic
- We test manually on target hardware; we employ a device pool covering iPads, Macs, and Surfaces from low to high-end devices
- With the release of our keyboard and mouse support, we are getting ready to cover a wide array of input devices during testing: all versions of the Apple Pencil, MS Pens, multi-button mouses and Magic Mouses, various trackpads, touch input, virtual, built-in, and Bluetooth keyboards
In an ideal world, you'll bring a bunch of these things to the table:
- 2-3 years of experience in testing
- Humbleness and determination to go the extra mile
- Techy expertise and eagerness to learn any software in minutes
- Positive attitude and the ability to build a great relationship with developer teams
- Structural thinking about how to manage the testing of a world-class CAD application
- Ability to write high-quality, maintainable test suites
- Ability to coach your colleagues
- Strong English communication skills
- Experience in 3D design and modeling is a plus
- Mobile testing experience is a big plus
And these will be true about you as they will help you thrive at Shapr3D:
- Curiosity fuels your journey
- You are dedicated to building products that break the mould
- You like to take ownership of things and learn from your mistakes
- You use constructive arguments to align the organization with common goals
- You have desire and determination to succeed, as well as denial of mediocrity
- Users and data lie at the core of your technical decisions
- Users and the product come first. The team next. And your ego last.
What does a successful first 6 months look like at Shapr3D?
Your most important assets in assuring quality at Shapr3D will be the deep understanding of our product and domain. The first couple of weeks of your onboarding will mainly focus on learning and understanding our practices, after which it will shift towards autonomy and efficiency. You’ll be guided and mentored by experienced testers throughout the whole onboarding process.
Now let’s fast forward 6 months into the future. You have verified the design and implementation of multiple features and participated in the release process on all platforms. You’ve had countless occasions where you gave input to solving specific problems. You’ve also received numerous pushbacks and feedback from your teammates which eventually led to a better outcome. You’ve learned tons of new things during this period, and your work and contributions have inspired others to do the same.
What do we offer?
- A down-to-earth culture and an opportunity to scale this thing up together
- The chance to build a world-class product and learn from some of the best professionals in their field along the way
- Unconditional support for your professional development – be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it's on the house
- Relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
- 100% sick leave payment
- A generous healthcare package with Medicover (upon passing your probation)
- An iPad Pro and Ultimaker office 3D printer so that you can play with the app
- A spacious office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest*
- One of the best coffee machines in town and well-stocked office snacks (and a company Wolt account while we’re working remotely)
- Home office equipment to make the remote working period as comfortable as possible
*Our team is currently working remotely. We're very grateful to be able to continue our work throughout the pandemic.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
***Please submit your CV in English***