QA engineer (f/m/d)
Sideways 6 exists to change the world for the better by bringing ideas to life. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business success.
Over 4 million employees from the likes of Sainsbury's, British Airways and Nestlé trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission to give 50 million people a voice. In 2021, Sideways 6 was named one of the Top 100 Mission-Led Organisations to Work For (read more here) thanks to our people.
We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s a testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, lots of room to grow and develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…
About the job
You will work with many people from various cultures, so you should be able to clearly communicate your ideas, listen to others, and make sure the best solutions are delivered. You will collaborate a lot with the product team, so we want you to think about business challenges and how to assist in achieving them.
On the technical level, we invest a lot of time addressing technical debt and building a better product with a modern tech stack. Because of that, 1/3 of our engineering capacity is going into the tech sprints. On these sprints, all engineers should focus on the technical projects that will make our product faster, more maintainable, and free from legacy solutions.
Our Tech stack:
- Fully cloud-native distributed system written on .NET 5
- Azure Stack (Azure Kubernetes Cluster, App Services, Functions, Queues, Application Insights) - we use a lot of Azure
- Storages: Azure SQL Database, MongoDB via Mongo Atlas, Azure Blob storages.
- React apps written with Typescript, we use Redux with sagas and MobX in different projects.
- We strive for high unit test coverage both on the Backend and Frontend.
- Fully automated CI/CD pipelines via Azure DevOps.
Typical responsibilities might include:
- Specifications analysis
- Planning your test activities
- Testing newly created and existing features
- Preparing test documentation (test plans, checklists etc.)
- Helping and guiding team members to build a high-quality product
Professional skills we expect from you:
- 2+ years of commercial QA experience
- Experience with API testing (Postman or other)
- Solid technical background in information technologies.
- Knowledge of software testing activities, technologies, and processes
- Understanding and experience with agile methodologies
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, JSON, HTTP
- Experience with test documentation (plans, test cases, bug reports, checklists etc.)
- Understanding of the client-server architecture (microservices a plus)
- Experience with browser dev tools
- Experience with Azure DevOps/Jira/Asana etc.
- English B2+ (Intermediate and higher)
Will be a plus:
- Experience with automation testing (Unit, UI, E2E, API)
- Experience with performance testing
- Education in computer science or/and ISTQB (or equal) certification
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL database
- You have/ready to open an individual enterprise if you work remotely working within 0/+4 GMT zone
What’s on Offer:
- An open and vibrant start-up environment plus idea platform itself
- We don't clock watch, we trust you to manage your time (0/+4 GMT zone)
- A generous educational budget to use at your discretion
- Option to have a stake in our growing business
- Choose the equipment you need to do your best work
- An annual whole-company Summer summit in the sun
- We celebrate tenure and offer you an extra day holiday for every year you're with us
- The ability to work fully remotely
If you only fulfill 75% of the criteria we encourage you to still apply, we are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to building a diverse culture. We are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds and all applicants will receive consideration without discrimination.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level