QA Automation Engineer (Vienna Based)
Come and innovate for a medical technology company.
Accessible healthtech and better diagnostics have the power to shift the healthcare paradigm from reactive to proactive; that’s why we develop speedy and user-friendly diagnostics technology that can be used in the comfort of your home. Our integrated mobile app is intrinsic in delivering this value to our users. To drive the development of our app we are expanding our in-house software team.
A little about your future role…
We are looking for an Intermediate/Senior QA Automation Engineer to help our Product Development department, take ownership of the quality and stability of Bloom products and build up a strong suite of automated tests. You have the experience to drive test automation processes throughout the team and the organisation. Additionally, you can work closely with the software team to help define the technical requirements and the acceptance criteria to ensure a stable system. You are committed to sharing ideas and tools that can make our people, processes and systems better.
Your upcoming mission:
- Build, maintain and extend current and new end-to-end testing projects for our mobile apps, backend and hardware
- Create software-test plans for different test scenarios (incl. automated and manual methods)
- Balance development testing frameworks (with manual functional testing, automation testing, exploratory testing and other approaches) to identify and mitigate quality threats
- Take responsibility for the quality of Bloom Diagnostics products and work in an interdisciplinary team
- Investigate the latest trends, initiatives and opportunities in software and hardware to ensure we deliver maximum benefit to our users
- Ensure test procedures are well documented to allow reusability and compliance with ISO 9001 and 13485 standards
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities for Bloom
Essential skills for your mission:
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English
- 3+ years of experience with QA Automation
- Deep understanding of testing and automation
- Experience with UI test automation frameworks
- Experience using Git
- RESTful APIs and JSON aren’t new to you
- Experience using Postman, Charles, Kibana, SoapUI
- A mind-set to script and automate everything
- Well-organised with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or when things go haywire
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Comfortable with building your own structures and aligning them with company goals
It would be great if you have:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and respective tools
- Experience with Clojure and/or React.js
- Experience with hardware testing or embedded systems
- Knowledge of data security in web applications and client-server communication
- Experience with Software as a Medical Device
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zurich and Vienna. Our team has proven experience in the European healthtech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What we can offer you:
- Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew
- Flexible work hours and ability to organise home-office days.
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback.
- Team activities
- Working with an internationally diverse, young and dynamic team where English is the company language
- Spacious office in 1st district Vienna (with awesome places to go for lunch and after work drinks), free coffee and tea and fruit
- Yearly Vienna transit card.
- Opportunity to contribute to a future where healthcare will be more prevention-focused and patient-centered
For this full-time position, we offer a competitive, annual gross salary starting at € 45.000, negotiable and is the very least we would pay, depending on your skills and experience.