Python Software Development Internship (f/m/d)
Several teams within our software department work on applications running in the cloud, using innovative technologies such as containers, serverless computing, NoSQL databases, RESTful- and WebSocket APIs. This involves many challenging and interesting tasks, such as designing and implementing APIs, event-based logic, and storage and query patterns for fast and scalable data retrieval. We collaborate closely with other software teams, UX designers and front-end developers to supply solutions that deliver high value to our clients and are a pleasure to use.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity enables zero-error warehousing for big-box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers, with our integrated inventory tracking system. Verity counts 3PL giant DSV and IKEA among their current client base. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
Our paid Internship start date is from January 2022. Interns are expected to join the team for a minimum of six months.
What you’ll do
- Design and develop code for our serverless cloud backend
- Ensure the highest quality work, both in the design phase (brainstorming, documentation, reviews) and in the implementation (code review, profiling, testing)
- Participate in the full SW development cycle in a professional environment: development, code reviews, unit testing, simulation, deploying on cloud servers, testing with real drones
- Opportunity to go onsite to see the system in action at our clients and experience the impact of your work
What you bring
- Background in computer engineering or computer science with a strong academic record and a demonstrated ability to convert theory into practice
- Excellent Python knowledge is a must
- C++ knowledge is a plus
- An in-depth understanding of algorithms and data structures is desirable
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Excellent team and communication skills
- Good English skills, written and spoken
Why you’ll love Verity
We are a great (and growing) team.
At Verity, you’ll be surrounded by team members who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. Our team represents more than 20 nationalities, a variety of advanced degrees, and experience at some of today’s most innovative companies.
We think big.
We know that our employees are the key to our success. We are big thinkers—creative problem solvers who share a total commitment to client success. And we believe in the importance of balancing practical experience with honed skills and higher education.
We have an engineering culture.
70% of our team—including our leadership team—are engineers. No matter what your role at Verity, you’ll enjoy our solution-oriented engineering culture that features flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on mutual trust and joint responsibility.
We deliver cutting-edge technologies.
To solve some of today’s most complex challenges, we combine mechanical, electrical, and software engineering with sophisticated algorithms and machine learning. Our solutions encompass everything from embedded applications to cloud microservices, to complete, innovative autonomous drone systems—that work.
We offer exceptional quality of life.
The picturesque mountains near our Zürich headquarters will take your breath away, but the view is just the beginning. Over the past 20 years, the city of Zurich has been ranked in 1st or 2nd place as the "worldwide quality of living city." We also offer flexible working hours, competitive benefits, and regular events and activities to constantly strengthen our Verity community.
We are growing—fast!
Named one of the 25 most promising Swiss scale-ups in 2020, we are expanding our solutions, extending our markets, and growing our team. Headed by founder and CEO, Raffaello D’Andrea (of Kiva Systems/Amazon Robotics fame), our team has decades of experience building success from the ground up—and creating disruptive solutions that make a mark on the world.