Production Engineer (Vienna Based)
Come and innovate for a medical technology company.
We believe in a future where healthcare is more accessible. That’s why we work with specialised, self-motivated minds developing home testing systems that combine diagnostics technology with medical knowledge and data. Currently, we are developing new tests which will provide medical value to our users. That’s where you come in.
A little about your future role…
We offer a permanent position, based in Vienna, where you can grow professionally in an innovative, open, flexible and diverse environment. You will:
- Be responsible for the industrialization and continued production throughout the life-cycle of our in-vitro diagnostics products
- Take ownership of our manufacturing supplier network and all relevant manufacturing aspects
- Ensure the production quality of our consumer-focused medical products
- Ensure on-time production and delivery of manufactured goods
- Manage collaborations with and alignment of our manufacturing partners at their sites for our products
- Participate in technical assessment, qualification and selection of external partners / vendors
- Support establishing appropriate quality control processes during the design transfer in close collaboration with our quality team
- Support the validation of the production process for our new products (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Support and implement improvement methodologies
- Use process improvement tools and methodologies to lead improvement projects that deliver significant operational improvement and financial benefits
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research and trends in the field
- Work in a collaborative agile environment
- Solve challenging problems
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Occasional travel outside of Austria required (outside of COVID times)
A little about you....
- At least 2 years industry experience
- Technical University or Applied Sciences degree
- Experience in a medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Kanban, Integrated Management Systems, quality management and robust design
- Experience with the validation of production processes (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Well-organised with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or challenges
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Great communication skills internally and externally (Notified bodies and suppliers)
- Fluent in German and English at a professional level; other languages are advantageous
- Comfortable building your own structures and aligning them with company goals
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills, as well as ability to cross-relate information from different topics and areas (RA, QM, biotech, product development..)
- Ability to adapt, as well as to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Possess the necessary work permit for Austria.
Nice to have:
- Working experience in a clinical / diagnostic laboratory environment
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485, GMP, 21CFR820 and other recognized international quality system standards is a plus
- Experience with methods like SixSigma, Lean and similar is beneficial
- Project management experience, always aiming for efficient management and reaching of deadlines
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zurich and Vienna. Our team has proven experience in the European healthtech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What we can offer you:
- Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew
- Flexible work hours and ability to organise home-office days.
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback.
- Team activities
- Working with an internationally diverse, young and dynamic team where English is the company language
- Spacious office in 1st district Vienna (with awesome places to go for lunch and after work drinks), free coffee and tea and fruit
- Yearly Vienna transit card.
- Opportunity to contribute to a future where healthcare will be more prevention-focused and patient-centered
For this full-time position, we offer a competitive, annual gross salary starting at €42,000, negotiable and is the very least we would pay, depending on your skills and experience.