This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
Product Owner (f/m/d)
Our mission is to help eCommerce stores reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce owners face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably.
Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online (this is currently free) and funding these businesses with revenue-based finance (not free!).
We have offices in Dublin, London, Atlanta and Sydney.
We are a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity to become the world leader in the Ecommerce financing space.
Our growth rate since our launch in April has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top FinTech investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment.
Why Business Operations?
The Business Department is rapidly expanding and will make a big impact across the organisation. We have the exciting remit to work on the highest impact projects at Wayfler; from launching new products and business lines to tooling the flywheel.
The Business Department will give you exposure to a range of different fundamental areas of Wayflyer. We aim to give you an experience that you can’t get elsewhere. You’ll be able to point to products or business lines you moved the dial in.
What will I do in the Business Team?
- Help launch new products or business lines, by evaluating customer needs, defining clear problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- Gather product requirements to deeply understand what problems or opportunities we are attacking and why.
- Set clear goals for new products, either in terms of the efficiency the product will create or the expected revenue.
- Collaborate with sales and engineering teams to ensure the solutions we create scale.
- Develop a deep knowledge of industry trends and support our growth objectives by identifying target areas and strategies
- You have a passion for startups and online businesses (these are our only customers!)
- You have a degree in a quantitative or business-related field– Accounting, Finance, Economics, Maths, Engineering, or can demonstrate startup success
- You’re a first principles thinker, you love getting to the root cause of something
- You have 6 to 11 years of experience, ideally in a finance role or a data role and/or a fast-paced tech startup
- You are proficient in SQL/python and can handle data
- You’ve led teams before, and love understanding how your team’s work impacts others
- You are independent, ambitious, and self-motivated
- You'll be contributing hugely to the company's continued growth and success.
- You will get to shape the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you'll have a lasting impact.
- We're a small company and you'll get to make decisions so you'll never feel like a cog in someone else's machine