TOQIO (toq.io) provides the tools to change how business banking can be delivered.
Our modular platform enables businesses to easily and efficiently deploy financial solutions to market. TOQIO technology and partner ecosystem help any business, not just banks, achieve everything they need in the financial arena, by allowing them to create and deploy their own financial products, fast and efficiently.
Our team is a B2B experienced and focused group of professionals full of passion and with an open minded and diverse culture. We are a senior multidisciplinary team with more than 10 years of proven track record united by a common vision. The founding team has launched and executed successfully startups together for the past 8 years, and count with complementary background experiences in Banking, Strategy Consultancy, Startups and technology. TOQIO are a team with several nationalities where different genders, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations and disabilities are part of our culture . We are proud to have a diverse team.
Would you like to join an international and fast growing Startup where you can play an
important part in shaping its future?
As a product owner you will:
- Be responsible for optimising the value of our products and the work of the engineering teams
- Have excellent analytical skills in order to evaluate business processes, anticipate new requirements, identify areas for improvement, as well as the development and implementation of solutions.
- Be a highly proactive person
- Lead ongoing reviews of current and new products and develop optimization strategies.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings in English.
- Prioritise, maintain and refine the Product Backlog by ensuring that each user story has acceptance criteria
- Drive the delivery of the product strategy & product backlog
- Facilitate discussions across the agile delivery team to ensure problems are solved and blockers unblocked
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- At least 5 years experience as a Product Owner/Product Manager role – preferably in Fintech, Payments or FX
- Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
- Ability to define a product backlog using standard categories like epics & user stories
- Very strong project delivery skills: constantly launching new features & products
- Analytical and commercially sharp
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence colleagues in small, cross-functional scrum teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage your own workload with a thorough attention to detail
- Have an interest in the payments, financial services, technology or FX industry
Nice to have:
- Experience in team-lead or project management.
- Experience leading and supporting successful projects.
- Self-assertion and negotiation skills.
What we offer:
- TOQIO. People is one of TOQIO’s main assets. We are building an unique best in class team committed to our core values and based in diversity, sustainability and wellbeing.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs, young and talented engineers and PhDs.
- TOQIO’s Founders, Eduardo Martinez and Michael Galvin are successful entrepreneurs and motivated leaders who have been awarded in different fields.
- The best place to work. We are working hard to become a great family company.
- Team working: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Equality & Diversity: Promoting equality and diversity, encouraging a multicultural environment.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- The best team. We care the most about our team members.
- Salary proposal for Product Owner. 40.000€ to 60.000€ depending on the candidate’s knowledge and experience
- Leave Period: 25 holidays days of your election.
- Phantom Shares Program: We want all team members to really feel part of TOQIO. That’s why after probation time is passed all employees have access to the TOQIO Phantom Shares Program.
- Flexibility: Working flexibly in the broadest sense, remote working is part of our normal practice at TOQIO but also we offer a Flexible Working Policy. We work up 80% of the time remotely.
- Access to Health private insurance
- We are a British company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have central offices in Madrid, London and in the short term we will open a new office in Nairobi.
- Join an international team with colleagues in Spain, UK, Switzerland, Kenya and India.
- Awards. TOQIO has received several awards and nominations since we launched in 2018:
- Early Metrics TOP 30% International recognition 2019
- Winner of Cuatrecasa Acelera IV 2020
- Lanzadera Growth Phase Startup 2020
- Winner on Corporate Category of Open Finance Appathon 2020 (Open Banking Excellence)
- Finalist Fintech South Summit 2020
- Fintech Third prize Premios Expansión Startup 2020