Product Manager - Wayflyer Inventory
Wayflyer are part of the modern eCommerce DNA, providing founders with business support to transform their day to day working lives. We deeply understand the challenges faced by eCommerce founders, and we help them with their inventory requirements.
As an exceptional Product Manager, you will lead these efforts in a cross functional team that is singularly focused on growing eCommerce businesses. You already have significant experience and a deep understanding and empathy for customers and their needs. You have used that understanding to develop engaging and valuable features that help customers achieve their goals.
When eCommerce founders wake up and their first thought is to check Wayflyer, you have delivered what they need.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Engaging with customers and internal stakeholders to create the vision and own the roadmap for Wayflyer Inventory.
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers, through research and regular interaction and testing with customers.
- Create engaging experiences and deliver a compelling Inventory offer that helps founders address their highest value problems.
- Clearly communicate that vision and work with our supply chain partners, analytics, design and engineering teammates to deliver features.
- Make good build or buy decisions based on customer need and alignment to strategy
- Prioritise ruthlessly, based on achieving the best customer outcomes across our rapidly growing portfolio of customers.
- Provide critical feedback on design proposals, designs and technical solutions to improve the offering.
- Ensure the new features meet the high standards our customers demand.
- Foster an environment that enables the team to learn what customers value quickly.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- A strong Product Management background, with a history of single handedly delivering incredible user experiences.
- Advocate for supply chain excellence within the company and ensure the impact and potential of the Inventory product is well understood by customers and within Wayflyer.
- Have worked in a similar role in a product function ideally taking a solution from inception to large scale adoption
- Prior experience, and domain knowledge in at least one of the following: eCommerce, Supply Chain, Global Logistics, Trade Finance.
- A passion for Product Management evidenced by relevant graduate/postgraduate qualifications
The Ideal candidate will be:
- An exceptional communicator. You are clear, confident, persuasive and empathetic – with both clients and colleagues
- A deep thinker. You can distill the most complex problems into concepts that our Customers and teammates easily understand.
- An attitude to do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment and able to adjust readily based on data
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Be extremely detail-oriented and thorough when analysing problems.
- Enthusiastic team player who likes a supportive high energy, high-performance environment, with substantial freedom to enable performance.