Product Director (f/m/d)
At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as a Product Director at Accurx
- You'll be responsible for building and communicating an inspiring vision and a coherent product strategy for your business unit (aka a "Clan", circa 60 people)
- You’ll work with stakeholders both in and outside of your Clan, to align your Clan’s product strategy with the wider company strategy and goals
- You'll be a key player in your Clan Leadership team, working closely with the other leads to ensure the Clan has everything it needs to deliver on its goals.
- You'll enjoy being accountable for your Clan reaching product milestones.
- You'll be responsible for ensuring a high quality bar for everything your clan produces across the full product lifecycle.
- You'll be able to articulate the key risks and trade offs facing your Clan.
- You'll coach the Product Managers in your Clan to solve issues as they rise, rather than jumping in yourself.
- You'll understand our users and their needs to ensure the products we build stay relevant for all of our users.
- You'll help transform data into create actionable insights, that inform decision making across the Clan.
- You understand that doing everything is the same as doing nothing, so you'll help us ruthlessly prioritise our ideas.
- You'll enjoy managing, mentoring and coaching - knowing which to use in any given situation
- You'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written form.
- You'll love sharing ideas and new ways of working between the various teams you support.
- You'll love hiring and are constantly thinking about how we can source new talent and improve our processes.
- You'll believe passionately that any company is only as strong as its culture and want to help make the product community the best it can be. You'll be the first to share what you've learnt, and the first to admit your mistakes.
What the team say:
“Joining as a Product Director you’ll lead multiple product teams, coaching and mentoring product managers to ensure we have healthy teams that are able to deliver on their goals. You’ll be joining at an exciting time of high growth with the opportunity to have a significant impact on the healthcare system.”
Laura Palit, Product Director for the GP Clan
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You're currently in a Senior Product Leadership role and bring with you a great depth of Product Management experience
- You can demonstrate a significant track record of scaling, managing and coaching a mid-large team of Product Managers and SPMs
- You've shown yourself to be an excellent servant leader
- You have a solid technical understanding of software development and web technologies
- You’re intelligent, both intellectually and emotionally, and use a mixture of facts and empathy to inspire and motivate your team and the wider business
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary & Benefits package:
- £80,000 - £120,000 salary + the value of £80,000 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level