We’re on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. Over the past two years of high-speed growth, our Apple Design Award-winning app has been regularly featured in Apple Keynotes and commercials, and demoed in retail stores around the world. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that uses our product every day. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum, focusing our $6M Series A on scaling our team across the board.
The idea for Shapr3D began as a hunch -- a bet that iPads would transform from content consumption devices to content creation devices. Three years (and three Apple Keynote features) later, that hypothesis has been validated.Now we’re pushing our product development to add powerful features that keep pace with the latest tablet device developments and respond to our users’ CAD design needs.
That’s where you come in. You’ll team up with our product design team working in partnership with Apple. The challenge: Define completely reimagined 3D modeling interactions with the latest input devices.
“At Shapr3D, product design is the key selling point. The app is a true disruption of the 40-year-old desktop CAD industry, reimagining 3D modeling at every point -- from user interaction to use cases. You’ll help us define deeply researched product specifications, to transform how professionals work and collaborate with 3D objects.” (Zoltan Balogh, Head of Design)
This is a high-impact role with the power to affect our growth initiatives by introducing new platforms and offerings, improving/rethinking user flows on the top of the modeling experience.
We combine data insights with great User Interfaces and experiences. You’ll work together with our product design team, UX researchers, and prototypers from the engineering team in a fast-paced startup environment hyper-focused on product usability. Every product specification you write will be geared towards providing the best possible user experience.
If you can insightfully interpret big data, apply design patterns, and more to define and tackle complex problems, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with designers, researchers and engineers to define and solve complex problems in an agile environment
- Put Shapr3D users first. Let their needs guide us to the best solutions and inform product specifications.
- Collect and analyse data, competitive analyses, design patterns to support our feature roadmap
- Work closely with your team and other designers in defining, designing and iterating on product improvements that makes our users more successful on the top of the modeling experience
- Translate vision and big ideas into a shippable product
- Create user flows, customer journeys and optimise them
- Create well-defined documentation and design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Take initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Take responsibility within and outside of your role to make yourself indispensable to the team
- A minimum of 4 years of industry experience in product design with a proven track record of successful application(s)
- Ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process
- A deep understanding of customer problems to create elegant, but practical solutions
- Use data and user research to make design decisions
- Strong visual design, UX, and strategic problem-solving skills
- A good understanding of layout/structure, typography, animation and best practices on various screen sizes
- Being familiar with native desktop and mobile interface guidelines
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
What we offer?
- A down-to-earth culture and the chance to scale this thing up together
- The chance to build a world-class product and to learn from some of the best professionals in their field along the way
- Unconditional support for your professional development - be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it's on the house
- Relocation support if you’re moving from abroad
- 100% sick leave payment
- A generous healthcare package with Medicover (upon passing your probation)
- An iPad Pro and Ultimaker office 3D printer so you can play with the app
- A spacious office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest
- One of the best coffee machines in town and well-stocked office snacks (including fruit, cereals, sweets, savories, a company Wolt account while we’re working remote, and more)
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset - so we'd still love to hear back from you. #Mid #Senior
***Please submit your CV and portfolio in English***