This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech), the Gallium Nitride (GaN) material technology developer and spin-out from the University of Cambridge, focuses on the development of high performance and energy efficient wide-bandgap compound GaN semiconductors by applying cutting-edge material technologies and solutions to unleash the full potential of GaN to revolutionise the electronics industry.
Porotech’s unique production process allows the controlled creation of a new class of nanostructured GaN semiconductor materials providing new opportunities for device engineering. We can control the process to vary the GaN nanostructures and hence engineer a wide range of material properties, such as optical, mechanical, thermal and electrical, and consequently offering an entirely new material platform for semiconductor devices to be built upon.
GaN is the silicon of the future, as it has many more interesting properties, including energy efficiency, than any other semiconductor materials. GaN-based LEDs can save 10% of entire world’s electricity consumption. GaN-based transistors can operate 100 times faster than those in silicon whilst consuming 10 times less power.
Porotech’s unique and world leading material technologies and device solutions will deliver multifunctional GaN semiconductor wafers with material properties and functionalities tailored and targeted to high impact final device applications. GaN has enormous potential in energy efficient lighting and power management, as well as lasers, quantum light sources, sensors, and energy generation, and our new material technologies will help make that potential a reality.
About the role
We are looking for a Process Technician to join our expanding team to assist in the running of our unique production process. The role is to support the process team and the effective running of the process, reporting to the Process Manager and the CTO. The role will be based in Cambridge, UK and standard working hours of 9.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. If you believe you could bring your unique skills and ideas to the company, we would love to meet you and find out if our challenge is just as exciting to you as it is to us.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring an effective running of our process
- Maintaining day-to-day activities in both lab and cleanroom
- Assisting the team in optical characterisation of our products
- Liaising with the process team on continuous improvement
- Maintaining records are documented thoroughly
- BSc in Physics, materials science, electrical engineering, chemical engineering or a similar discipline, or two years process operator experience.
- Experience of working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment
- Observant and excellent attention-to-detail
- Experience with handling and disposing of chemicals
- Hands-on cleanroom experience
- Hands-on experience with electrochemical/wet etching processes
- Knowledge and understanding of wide-bandgap semiconductor materials and processing technologies
- Experience with materials characterisation using optical microscopy, PL, SEM, AFM etc.
At Porotech, we would like you to enjoy the success of the company to emerge from the UK and lead the world’s III-nitride semiconductor development, which you will be helping to build and be part of. It is an ideal time to join with a business with unique technology and products that are ready to be delivered and going to change the market.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. The ideal candidate will benefit from a generous company share option program. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]. We look forward to making your acquaintance.