People & Culture Manager (f/m/d)
People & Culture Manager
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a global social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels, and presence in New York, works to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by 350+ local governments and organisations in over 18 countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has given 750,000+ community members a direct voice in local politics, has earned recognition as the 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe', and was featured in outlets such as The New York Times and Forbes.
CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to enable millions of people in cities across the globe to shape the future of their communities.
People & Culture Manager at CitizenLab
As our People & Culture Manager, you will be in charge of translating our values to every part of CitizenLab. You are an expert (or want to be one!) in process and change management and will transfer that skillset to making CitizenLab a purpose-driven, inclusive, and productive workplace, in which our employees’ wellbeing & growth are prioritized. Your main objective will be to attract, retain, and grow talent. In this role, you will collaborate closely with our Head of People and our COO.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Helping us design, develop, and implement our talent and career development framework.
- Coaching and supporting managers on people-related topics (e.g. performance management and development, team development, change management).
- Putting the employee experience central by organizing team events, online and face-to-face, implementing new benefits packages, and helping revamp our office when needed.
- Leading on the employee 360° experience by being their point of contact from day 1 for onboarding and wellbeing.
- Supporting the identification and implementation of HRIS tools to reach your objectives of talent development.
- Keeping our culture alive by updating our information on Notion, and liaising with Marketing and our Talent Acquisition Specialist on employer branding.
- Helping out on Talent Acquisition when needs arise.
What do we expect from you?
As our People & Culture Manager, you can demonstrate
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably within a fast-paced scaleup environment.
- A creative mindset to unravel the hybrid workplace challenge!
- The ability to understand and clarify complex contexts and implement streamlined solutions.
- Eagerness to work in a 30% supporting, 30% coordination, 30% strategic role.
- Energy to support the organization’s yearly growth plan - you move at the speed of light while building for scale.
- Fluency in English. French, German, or Dutch are a plus.
- A direct and professional communication style, whilst keeping it fun, light, and engaging.
- A 50% growth - 50% impact-driven mindset!
- You are based in a European time zone, ideally in Belgium.
An eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking all the boxes. If you don’t meet all of the listed requirements but are motivated and excited about the role, we want to hear from you!
What can you expect from us?
Unlock your full potential and create social impact at scale through our open-source product. Day-to-day, we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
Become a key factor in our rapid growth as a scaleup (75 employees), and contribute to our international expansion.
Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
Be part of our dynamic, international team. We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
Participate in our various in-person and remote team events, inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly global team retreats.
Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re committed to both collective and individual growth.
Receive a competitive remuneration package. Our benefits include 26 days PTO, a professional development budget, a collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility in working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Whilst we are proud of our cultural diversity and gender parity, we are aware of the limited racial diversity in our team and are committed to making a change on this. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to apply.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level