Machine Learning Lead (f/m/d)
Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko's mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300,000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?
At Luko, Lukooms’ forces are divided into 5 tribes, set up in a product-based organisation. Each tribe constitutes several cross-functional squads (product + engineering + design) and executes towards its own roadmap for customer and business impact.
User Acquisition tribe focuses on Luko’s growth via the acquisition of new customers
Moment of Truth tribe aims at delighting our users throughout the whole life of their contract - claims included
New Business tribe focuses on launching new products, services and markets
User Life tribe maximises customer touchpoints by creating engagement opportunities. They are a home care partner guiding customers to the right solution
Core Insurance tribe owns all the products and features in order to support Luko's Insurance activities, from regulation to tech
Those tribes wouldn't be able to work without the data team, a cross-functional team (with analysts, engineers & machine learning engineers) whose mission is to supply Lukooms, stakeholders & customers, with trusted data and data services that are easy to use to unlock growth & quality of services.
Your mission in the team:
- You will lead the Machine Learning team, and its 5 amazing ML engineers, and be a champion for your team: grow and develop the team, helping each team member advance in their career.
- You will own and develop the vision for Machine Learning at Luko: proactively identify real-life use-cases for ML solutions, develop models end-to-end following AI/ML research, deploy them on your architecture, and own them in the long-term
- You will establish and maintain high standards within the team: share knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of experience delivering machine learning projects to production
- You have experience leading a team of 3+ ML engineers
- You have experience working with business, product and other technical teams, to identify opportunities, and lead the development of long term solutions
- You have strong coding skills in one or more general-purpose languages (Java, C/C++, Python, etc.)
- You are a team player with strong communication skills
- You have strong analytical and advanced statistical skills
- You are pragmatic and have a strong business sense
- You are able to work independently and drive your own projects
- Introduction call with a member of the data team
- Hiring manager interview with Charles, the VP of Data
- Live coding + Interview with the ML team
- Technical interview (project management, ML general culture, product thinking)
- Lukofit (behavioural & culture-fit interview) with Alison from the people team
What we offer:
- Be part of the fastest growing insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- Friendly team and offices in Paris, Madrid & Berlin
- Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken).
We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.
Years of experience