Legal Counsel (Regulatory)
Our mission is to help eCommerce stores reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce owners face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably. Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online (this is currently free) and funding these businesses with short-term finance (not free!).
We have offices in Dublin, London, Sydney and New York.
Why Wayflyer? 🚀
Wayflyer is a fast-growing, venture-backed start-up that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity. Our growth rate since our launch in April has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top FinTech investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment.
What you will do? 🤔
- You will be part of a close knit legal team reporting to the General Counsel with superb opportunity for growth.
- Provide practical, commercial and strategic advice on all financial services regulatory matters specifically commercial lending and security matters globally.
- Develop and execute the regulatory strategy for Wayflyer with regard to new market entry, new product launches and existing regulatory requirements in European and US markets.
- Assist the Compliance Manager on AML/FC matters across all markets.
- Assist with any ad hoc regulatory issues that may arise in the day to day operation of the business.
Why you? 🤓
- You will be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of 6 years’ PQE in the financial services regulation department of a leading law firm or from a similar FinTech in-house role. AML experience is helpful but not essential.
- You’ll have experience dealing with regulators and have advised on licence applications with European regulators in the financial services sector.
- You have worked in FinTech or advised FinTech clients and understand the environment that we are operating in.
- You will be confident and able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders right up to C-Suite level
- You have a positive attitude and are self-motivated to work on projects through to completion
- You demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to work
- You are ambitious and want to experience life in a start-up
- You enjoy working in high-performing, solutions-focused, agile teams.
Why now? 🎢
- This is a newly created role in a dynamic environment with plenty of opportunity to make a direct impact while getting involved in a variety of exciting, legal and commercial issues.
- Wayflyer is expanding its global presence and its products and this role will directly impact those plans enabling us to scale at pace in a highly regulated environment.
- Your work will make a massive and direct contribution to the company's continued growth and success- you won’t just be a cog in the wheel at Wayflyer!