Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
We believe that every author should have an equal chance to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors. Inkitt is our self-publishing platform where anyone can upload and share their stories for free. We analyze our users' reading behavior with a unique algorithm to identify potential bestsellers, which we then license for our innovative Galatea app. Currently, one out of every two published authors on our platform have become best selling authors, showcasing our mission of discovering hidden talents and turning them into globally successful authors.
At present, we are a team of 75 passionate and dedicated entrepreneurs, engineers, and artists. We are proud that our mission has persuaded early investors in Google and Spotify to back us, as well as attracted talents from Netflix, Activision Blizzard, DeliveryHero, Babbel, N26, and Glovo to join us as we build the Disney of the 21st Century!
As a Legal Counsel (m/f/d) your mission is to own and support the team on all legal and contract relating matters at Inkitt. You will add value by ensuring that we are making the best possible decisions, and in an agile manner, wherever it comes to matters within your scope. You will ensure that we are drafting and negotiating the best possible terms in all legal and contractual related matters, and that we are in full adherence to our contractual obligations with our authors, employees and investors.
- Provide advice for all departments and the leadership on contractual, regulatory and legal areas such as media law, IP law, corporate law, data protection, and labor law
- Lead all Legal Project Management related activities
- Own and implement processes and tools around contract creation and management
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts with our partners and suppliers
- Draft internal T&C/privacy policies
- Oversee all GDPR related topics; ensure Inkitt handling of personal data is compliant, work on GDPR documentation, provide necessary training to the team, and own the relationship with the external DPO.
- Manage all legal proceedings, and communicate and coordinate external lawyers
- Manage the legal aspects of shareholder resolutions and fundraising
- Completion of German law studies (second state examination desirable)
- You have 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- You have excellent communication, organizational, presentation and analytical skills so that you can provide clear, practical and well-informed advice even in complex and rapidly changing conditions
- You have track record of successfully negotiating with external stakeholders
- You have a rather pragmatic and commercially oriented mindset that seeks the best possible solution
- You have attention to detail and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- You have business fluency (verbally and in written) in English and German
- You have legal expertise paired with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Nice to have: knowledge of media law and/or IP law is a plus
- Nice to have: start-up experience
What we offer you:
. Flat hierarchy in a fast working environment + flexible working hours
. Unlimited holiday allowances!
. Discounted membership for Urban Sports Club
. An unlimited budget for books and unlimited credits for our Galatea App
. Access to online personal development platforms such as masterclass.com
. German language classes, Mental Wellness Program
Additional offerings for our Remote talent:
. Regular virtual team events (game nights or team buildings) with groups of colleagues or just 1-1
· No matter in which time zone you are, we will adapt to it the best way we can
· Digital feedback tools that will allow you to share and receive feedback anytime & everywhere
Additional offerings for our talent in Berlin - ... once pandemic has settled, and we're able to make more use of our office:
· An extremely cozy, plant-filled and dog-friendly office, which could not be better located in the heart of Berlin (Alexanderplatz/Hackescher Markt)
· Regular local team events as well as free fruit, coffee, tea, and dinners in the office
· Sponsored cross-functional lunches and city-exploring events
· Free yoga and HITT training classes in the office several times a week
Does this sound like somewhere where you can make a lasting, positive impact? Then, apply now! We are looking forward to speaking with you!