KYC Analyst (f/m/d), full time, Vienna, Munich or Berlin
Speedinvest is a leading early-stage venture capital firm with more than €600M AuM and 40 investors based in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and San Francisco. Our dedicated sector-focused teams are the first to fund Europe's most innovative technology startups and our in-house operational experts are on-hand to offer founders ongoing support with growth, HR, US market expansion, and more. Wefox, Bitpanda, TIER Mobility, GoStudent, Curve, CoachHub, Schüttflix, TourRadar, Adverity, and Twaice are among our portfolio of 250+ companies.
We are looking to expand our team and are hiring a KYC Manager!
About the Position
As KYC (Know Your Customer) Analyst you will review and screen documentation for new Investors and evaluate high-risk accounts. You will be involved in and knowledgeable about anti-money laundering (AML) processes and procedures and stay up to date with the latest EU directives on the topic, helping to ensure that Speedinvest upholds the highest standards when it comes AML compliance.
- Performing the due diligence on new Clients, requesting the KYC information, documentation, review and verification of received documentation and making an analytical risk assessment for new Investors
- Thoroughly and succinctly document the research and analysis related to the financial activity and related entities of Investors, for an audience that includes Management, Regulators, Senior Managers and Internal Compliance
- Periodically evaluate existing Investors according to established policies and procedures
- Periodical review of KYC records as to the completeness, including verifying that due diligence has been performed and that due diligence standards are complied with; also that the files and risk assessments are current and up to date
- Investigating high-risk clients and reporting where necessary, including Politically Exposed Persons, and obtaining all necessary documentation to complete the client file
- Process entries to open/close new Investor account
- Maintain continuous contact with Investors in order to keep customer file updated
- Process amended client’ records on our database
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents
- Have a thorough understanding of Investors business and related parties in order to monitor Investors activities for unusual transaction
Your Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Law, Business, Finance or Economics
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced work environment (such as a startup, VC, PE, Consulting, IB)
- Exceptional project management as well as analytical and numerical skills with a high attention to detail
- Experience within investor relations, client services or fundraising would be an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization. You possess a “can-do” attitude and take initiative
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to a goal-oriented environment
- Fluency in German and English
- Opportunity to work in a successful, innovative European Venture Capital Fund within an international team.
- Work in an inspiring environment directly with senior partners and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- A competitive salary and further monetary benefits.
According to Austrian law we are required to state a minimum salary for this position. The expected minimum salary for this role is EUR 32,000.00 gross annually. The salary will be a competitive package based on previous work experience, hence overpayment is possible.
Are you interested in joining us?
Hit the “Apply for this job” button now and join Speedinvest.
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply to the Venture Capital world. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation or marital status.
We look forward to hearing from you!