Junior UX/UI Designer (m/f/x)
Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Permanent employee, Full-time · Vienna
Based in Vienna, we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region. Through our marketplace, completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets are sold to consumers.
Founded in February 2017, we grew to more than 100 people in under three years. We have expanded into multiple European countries already, including France, Italy, Ireland and Poland. We have won several awards, completed two large funding rounds and already sold hundreds of thousands of products across Europe.
We consist of 20 different nationalities, our team has extensive international experience in the refurbishment industry, creating a brand and scaling a marketplace.
As a UX/UI Designer you will shape the refurbed user experience across all our products by creating high-quality user interfaces and having the right feeling for usability. You will have real impact for our users, based on direct user feedback and close collaboration with our Engineering and Product team.
The creative team, consisting of experts in Branding, UX/ UI, Video Production and Advertising, is on the lookout for a Junior UX/UI Designer (m/f/x) to join and extend their amazing team.
You’re thrilled? So are we!
Together, we will help to design the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe
Who you are
- You are a passionate UX/UI Designer, always hungry to learn new skills and keep up with the latest UX/UI Design trends
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to craft products/features that truly have meaningful impact
- You have an ability to work independently, taking the initiative to respond to changing situations and priorities with a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- You are a proactive and responsible team player and never make a design decision without considering the impact on the overall experience
- You have strong communication skills and can always explain the rationale behind your design decisions, while also being receptive to constructive criticism
- Your profile is rounded out by a very good level of English
- You care about the world and want to spend your time making a difference
What you'll do
- Together with our Senior UX Designer, you’ll collect actionable insights through user testing, user interviews, competitor analysis, surveys and more
- You’ll use both qualitative and quantitative data to design well-thought, insight-driven, user-centered designs
- You'll create envious interfaces that are aesthetically pleasing, accessible and enjoyable to interact with.
- You’ll set up AB experiments to assess your designs against existing ones, using key metrics to determine the outcome
- You'll work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, among others
- You'll utilise existing and contribute new, scalable design patterns to our design system and use them to realise your solutions
- You'll build effective relationships with stakeholders and encourage a customer centric mindset.
- You'll Prototype, validate designs, iterate and test with real users
- You'll create responsive designs that look equally as good on desktop, tablet or mobile
Tools You’ll use
- A choice of Mac or PC
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Usability Hub
- Google Analytics
Additional factors we appreciate
- You have experience working in a startup, ideally marketplace
- You speak German
Why you should work with us
- A startup atmosphere
- You’ll be working with a team of bright, innovative minds, who are passionate about what they do and developing even better solutions for customers
- You’ll work closely with the Senior UX Designer to learn and evolve your skills as you tackle projects
- Flexible working hours, as well as flexible working location - work in the office or from home
- Stunning, new, open-space offices in a brilliant location
- Opportunity to grow within the company personally and professionally through mentorship programs, young leadership workshops,...)
- Equal opportunity employer, meaning we hire the best talents regardless of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, disability,...
- Multi-national work environment and excellent team vibes
You want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe, changing the world by making it easier to buy and sell sustainable products? Then apply now.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and an online portfolio/PDF. It is great to see your UI skills, but we would encourage you to also show a case study that demonstrates your thinking and approach to a design problem.
Be aware that applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
For legal matters we state that the minimum wage for this position is 1,675 € gross per month according to the collective agreement (Kollektivvertrag). However, depending on your qualification a higher salary obviously is very likely.
Thank you for your interest in refurbed. We are extremely happy that you are thinking about joining us and can identify with our mission.
We will do our best to always keep you informed about the process and progress of your application. We read all applications thoroughly and will also consider you for other job openings, should your profile fit other open positions as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will consider your application regardless of race, age, disability, gender, martital status, heritage, religion and nationality. We will look at your experience, your personality and your motivation to determine whether this job is right for you.