Junior Event Manager (full-time), Network Effects Team, Berlin (f/m/d)
Speedinvest is one of Europe’s most active early-stage investors, with more than €400m AUM, 40 investors, an in-house team of operational experts, and offices in Berlin, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and San Francisco.
Our focused investment teams partner with European founders building Deep Tech, Fintech, Industrial Tech, Network Effects, Digital Health and Subscriptions startups. Examples of our success stories are the startups TIER, CoachHub, Schüttflix and Kodit.io.
We are looking for a motivated and organized Junior Event Manager to support the Network Effects team with their yearly world-renowned Marketplace Conference (https://www.marketplaceconf.com/). The team needs a creative mind who has experience with innovative large-scale online events with more than 700 actively engaged participants and a 6-digit budget including top-notch speakers such as Jessica Lee (Partner Sequoia Capital), Scott Cutler (CEO StockX), Sarah Tavel (General Partner at Benchmark), Lawrence Leuschner (CEO TIER Mobility), Thomas Plantega (CEO Vinted), Sonali De Rycker (Accel) and David Rogier (CEO Masterclass).
About the position
In this role you will take the full operational and organisational lead in building out the Marketplace Conference brand; co-orchestrating the event together with Speedinvest and Battery Ventures; contract partnerships and sponsorships; and manage the logistics with an external provider to guarantee a smooth event for all participants across the world. Build a community for past & future attendees to continue to engage outside of the conference.
- Manage and oversee the event from conception to delivery!
- Stakeholder management including Speedinvest, Battery, speakers, sponsors, attendees and external service providers
- P&L responsibility
- Attract and build relationships with new sponsors and partnerships
- Plan and roll out a marketing plan and create traction for The Marketplace Conference including a social media campaign
- Compose and coordinate invitations of attendees
- Build a great and recognizable brand around the Marketplace Conference and elevate it to the next level for future events
- Build a platform for our attendees that goes beyond the event itself: Continue to develop and strengthen our active community of Marketplace aficionado
This is you:
- 1-2 years of event management experience, preferably in both offline and online formats (> 500 attendees)
- Experience of developing and managing external partnerships
- Experience in managing a budget
- Fluency in English
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and an ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Opportunity to work with a successful, innovative European Venture Capital Fund within a diverse, international team.
- Flat hierarchies, high level of responsibilities and direct impact
- Be part of an international, driven, talented and result-oriented team.
- Working directly and hands-on with founders and their start-ups
- A competitive salary
Are you interested in joining us?
Hit the “Apply for this job” button now and join Speedinvest.
Speedinvest believes in equal opportunities for everyone and encourages diversity and inclusion. We want to encourage more women and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply for jobs in Venture Capital. We process all applications without regard to gender, nationality, race, color, religion, age, disability status, sexual orientation, or marital status.
We look forward to hearing from you!