Junior Anti-Financial Crime Officer (f/m/d)
We’re (still) hiring! Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our teams are currently working from home, and we are onboarding new team members remotely. Not sure if now is a good time to change jobs? Then check out our latest blog post “How we shaped our company culture with remote moments that matter”.
Join Bitpanda, Europe’s leading retail broker for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, precious metals and more! Currently, more than two million users are benefitting from our platform. We provide the easiest and fastest access to the world of digital assets. Our goal is to become the #1 neobroker in Europe and to offer our users all the assets they could need for investing, all in one place. We closed Europe’s largest Series A funding round of 2020 and have won multiple “Best Startup of the Year” awards. Now, we are accelerating our growth journey and we are looking for you!
As a Junior AFC Officer at Bitpanda, you will be supporting our AML Officer and Management in completing their everyday regulatory tasks, while also working on projects that support Bitpanda’s expansion. Your main mission will be the prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions circumvention and fraud.
- Perform compliance tasks and create comprehensive compliance documentation (e.g. onboarding of new clients, reviewing/monitoring of existing clients, UBO reviews of business customers, PEP and sanctions checks)
- Establish and maintain written frameworks (e.g. policies, procedures) for the Anti-Financial Crime area
- Research and prepare Risk Assessments for new products and crypto currencies and the yearly AML Risk Assessment
- Prepare regular AFC reporting and analysis for the AML Officer and the management team
- Develop and hold AFC training for all employees of the Bitpanda group
- Support the AML Officer in daily tasks and duties
- Explore the boundaries of the fintech industry from a compliance perspective and stay up to date with the latest industry trends
- University degree in an Economic, Business, Business Law or Law field
- 1-2 years of experience would be advantageous, especially in regulated working environments (e.g. banking, insurance, fintechs etc.)
- Able to independently complete AFC tasks and fulfil documentation requirements
- Ability to manage time-sensitive workflows across competing priorities
- Skilled in attention to detailFluency in German and English is required
- Other languages are an asset (e.g. Spanish, Turkish, Italian)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Learning and development budget/possibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Latest hardware
- Lunch and gym discount
- Free company health consultations
- Regular team events and a yearly team trip
- Modern office in Vienna’s fintech hub in the 2nd district
- Interdepartmental "Donut" coffee breaks
- German classes
- Sustainable merch
- And more
Do you like what you are reading and want to find out more? We look forward to meeting you! Please submit your application in English.