This job ad is no longer active. Search for New jobs
IT Security Engineer & Cybersecurity
What does KLAR do?
Klar is a Mexican fintech startup whose mission is to democratize and revolutionize the way in which financial services have been delivered so far in Mexico, especially since half of the population doesn’t have a bank account. We have had more than 1 million users since 2021!
We are changing this scenario by offering a tech product that allows users to manage their money through a mobile and web application. Users can withdraw or deposit money from any cash machine, they can also use the card in stores and even do online payments. We don’t have any branches, everything is done and managed through the app.
Our product roadmap includes offering loans and credit for a larger group of clients based on our very sophisticated credit modeling.
Life at Klar
We have a very international team with more than 30 nationalities working from Mexico City, Berlin, and remotely. Our founder Stefan Moller is also half German and Mexican, which allowed Klar to think globally since its inception.
This position is based in our Mexico office or can be performed remotely from a similar time zone.
Your daily adventures will be
For our newly formed IT Security Team we are looking for a Senior IT Security Engineer (m/f/d) who will be an integral part of our Security Engineering Team at Klar, leading initiatives and helping build the security culture and security policies within the organization.
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure for the Security Teams internal needs.
- Backed by investment in technology security, you will have the brilliant opportunity to grow professionally and personally while working within Klar’s security team to protect our applications, data, network, and workstations.
- You will also work with cross-functional teams to perform security assessments and secure architecture design reviews.
- You will be working alongside Offensive & Detection teams to support engineering efforts to harden our IT network and workstations and improve our detection and incident response capabilities.
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of experience architecting, managing, and supporting corporate technology
- Experience with endpoint security technologies (NG AV, EDR, HIDS, HIPS), network detection technologies (IDS/IPS, web proxies, and e-mail gateways), and/or security scanning technology (Rapid7, Qualys, Acunetix, etc.)
- Possessing knowledge of traditional security operations, event monitoring, and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools like Splunk.
- Experience working with SOAR tools and threat intelligence playbook development & integration
- Experience deploying secure configurations through cloud device management tools
- Experience with Python or another scripting language
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, documentation, and intrapersonal skills
- Comfortable operating in a startup environment
- Ability to work fast & prioritize
- AWS experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Spanish is a plus
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary based on performance and experience
- Vacation days
- Stock options
- Flexible work environment, with home office and remote work arrangements
- An international work environment with amazing and highly skilled people
- A world-class team that helps you evolve your skills in areas you're interested in
- An opportunity to have a real impact in one of the most exciting emerging markets
We trust our highly skilled and diverse team and we’re committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for new talents to flourish. We value diversity and welcome all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, and identity.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!