iOS Engineer (f/m/d)
Primer is here to make payments simple.
By connecting to us, businesses around the world are connected to everything they need to make payments happen.
Set up in the UK in 2020 by an ex PayPal team, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital and Accel. We’re also partnered with Klarna, GoCardless and Worldline among others.
Our teams work remotely, from anywhere. We value drive, autonomy, and transparency, and we’re looking for people to shape our culture as much as we’re looking for people to build our product.
The DX team is responsible for designing and shipping a beautiful and highly optimised payments experience across all platforms. Our checkout libraries will power online payments for the world's largest merchants and will be used by millions of customers every day.
We're looking for a versatile Software Engineer to join. This is a unique opportunity for someone to oversee the creation of our mobile payments experience.
What will you be doing?
- Creating the best checkout experience in the world! Rethinking how merchants integrate payments, and how customers are paying online
- Designing, implementing and maintaining fully-tested and highly-optimised libraries
- Creating first-class documentation for both merchants and internal teams
- Working closely with users to analyse feedback and improve our products and services with each iteration
- Making decisions on technology, building for scale and reach
- Conducting code reviews and mentoring juniors in future as we grow the team
- Maintaining the SDK
- Working closely with a cross-functional team of front end engineers, back end engineers, mobile engineers, designers and product
What are we looking for?
- Someone pragmatic and versatile, who will use the best tools to build out the product
- Extensive experience in building, maintaining and documenting developer libraries
- Relevant experience with iOS - any experience with React Native is also interesting!
- Passion for maintainable, performant, well-tested and resilient code
- Appreciation for the Developer Experience we'll be creating
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate in a cross-functional team
- Curiosity and interest to learn!
Years of experience