International Development Manager (f/m/d)
Who are Elephant?
Elephant is a health technology company tackling the big problems in global healthcare. Founded by doctors in 2018, backed by leading VC firms and driven by technical expertise, we are a small band of experts, building a platform that improves outcomes, reduces costs and makes healthcare accessible for all. We have active offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan and the UK.
Our software digitises medical clinics, connects patients with healthcare systems, and empowers practitioners and patients across the world as we focus on delivering solutions for real-world health and social care problems. Our mission has deep ethical roots, combining science with ambition and social purpose. A short case study of our work in Kenya can be found here.
It’s never just a job at Elephant. We live and breathe our values of - kindness, candour, good humour and respect. Our values are paired with a relentless bias for action and obsession for collaboration. They aren’t just words to us, they define and shape who we are and how we work. We live up to them, and hold each other accountable to lead by example. Our work has impact, and is the sum of all its parts. Whether a product on the frontline of healthcare or an email to a colleague, it all matters. Excellence is in the detail. The detail matters. We respect everything we do.
We believe each role is as unique as the individual performing it. There is strength in diversity. We playfully refer to our employee population as “the herd” and are always looking for exceptional talent to join and add to our thriving culture.
The International Development Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans to raise and maintain financial and material resources cost-effectively and time-efficiently. Duties include overseeing and managing resource mobilisation efforts, building strong and successful relationships with external partners, and overseeing external communications with donors, partners, and other relevant parties.
By equipping governments in low and lower middle income countries with technology to digitise public sector primary care, Elephant Healthcare is transforming healthcare from the bottom up. This is where the need is greatest, and where patients are least able to pay for healthcare. Development actors therefore play a critical role in this space as funders, advisors and implementing partners.
For Elephant to succeed in our mission of transforming healthcare for all, we need to work hand in hand with these partners to achieve our common objectives. The International Development Manager will spearhead this effort, securing funding to scale our impact, forging partnerships with key donors, NGOs and academic institutions, and building Elephant’s visibility and voice in the development community.
- Develop and execute Elephant Healthcare’s global, and individual country-level, strategy for how to work with development partners to support our mission.
- Secure funding from donors to scale our impact, from identifying opportunities through to building relationships with key funders, writing proposals and crafting our proposition.
- Build partnerships with external stakeholders, such as NGOs, foundations and academic institutions.
- Identify and participate in key networking events relevant to the development community, such as healthcare conferences and webinars
Required skills, experience and attributes:
- 7+ years experience working for top tier management consulting, and/or;
- Experience working for major donors or NGOs working within the health sector in senior positions
- Entrepreneurial track record and temperament
- Proven track record of building strong donor relationships and securing funding for large-scale health projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to inspire and motivate others
We take progression seriously at Elephant, with strong performance, your salary and benefits will grow significantly as the company continues to grow.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Elephant, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. We invite you to bring your authentic self. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics or disability. We continue this commitment into your employment and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Years of experience