International Comms & Marketing Lead (f/m/d)
About Tech Nation
Tech Nation is the growth platform for tech companies and leaders. We fuel the growth of game-changing founders, leaders and scaling companies so they can positively transform societies and economies, by providing them with the coaching, content and community they need for their journey in designing the future.
We bring together a network of purposeful founders, leaders and philanthropists, progressive enterprises and policymakers, influential funds and institutions so we can collaborate in building the technological innovation that will improve the future for the UK and beyond.
We provide learning and content, insights and analysis, coaching and research. We’re laser focused on delivering powerful outcomes and impact, because collectively we want to create a world in which anyone with vision and drive can access the skills and support needed to scale and succeed as a game-changing leader. #WeAreTechNation. We fuel growth.
Our company values:
- Deliver impact that lasts
- Collaborate to innovate
- Inform to inspire
- Be all in
About the role
Tech Nation’s ambitious International Team is seeking a creative and proactive person with extensive communications, PR, marketing and videography or editing experience to join the team. This dynamic new role will report to the Director of International and be a critical member of the international team.
The successful candidate will be contributing to the team's ambitions to attract more capital investment into the UK from overseas, support UK scale ups to understand export opportunities for their business, helping them to scale overseas and expand Tech Nation into a global brand.
The International Comms and Marketing Lead will work with the founders and c-suite of the UK’s most ambitious scaling tech companies, domestic and international governments, key stakeholders and delivery partners to build awareness.
Working closely with the Tech Nation marketing and branding team, you will represent the international team and all our various activities to build and deliver an external communications and marketing strategy.
We're currently able to offer up to £55,000 p/a for this role.
A Day in the Life of the Comms and PR Lead might look something like this:
Communications & Marketing Strategy -build an external communications and marketing strategy for all international programmes, to raise profile within the UK tech community, as well as to raise profile of UK tech in international markets
Content Delivery - develop and produce written material for the Tech Nation Growth Platform, the Tech Nation website and other media platforms on behalf of Tech Nation executives
Editing - Review all marketing and communications materials produced by the international team, including letters, newsletters, invitations and other promotional materials, and ensure the use of relevant language as well as consistency and accuracy
Events - research and write speeches, presentations, talking points, scripts for the team and manage marketing materials around such events
Social Media management - lead and supervise all international social media activity
External Stakeholder management - manage relationships with international marketing & PR agencies - scoping work and ensuring delivery to the highest standard
Internal Stakeholder management - engage with colleagues across Tech Nation to coordinate and plan activities, and ensure teams have the relevant knowledge and information for their communities on all international activity. Working as one with the domestic Tech Nation marketing, comms and branding teams to ensure collaboration and seamless integration. Working as one with the domestic Tech Nation marketing, comms and branding teams to ensure collaboration and seamless integration
Collaborating cross functionally, internally and externally
Managing data and inputting into reports
Skills Required for this role include:
- It is essential you have experience working in the tech sector
- You will have knowledge and experience of doing business overseas including cultural norms, legal implications, Government policy and growth hurdles for tech companies
- You must have experience building marketing, communications and PR strategies
- Experience managing relationships with marketing and PR agencies is critical
- Additional skills such as videography and editing is preferred but not essential
- You must have an entrepreneurial growth mindset, the team is growing and changing fast as we develop so you must be able to adapt and pivot where needed
- We would like you to have experience writing content in a fast pace environment
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and have the skills to work with colleagues from different countries and cultures
- You must enjoy working at pace and delivering high quality work
- You should be comfortable working to KPIs, OKRs and other targets
As well as sharing our ambitions and values you will have:
- Have a hunger for getting things done and achieving results that deliver real impact
- Be outcomes and results driven and understand the need for great systems to achieve those goals
- Love the notion of high productivity and performance and know many of the tools and techniques which can be leveraged (eg. second brain, etc)
- Enjoy breaking complex problems into simple solutions
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- You have experience of working with senior executives and ability to make a good business case and convince people to help you execute
- Be an incredibly confident communicator (verbally and written) - able to interact internally and externally at all levels of seniority
- Have proven project management and planning skills
- Have a deep passion for tech entrepreneurship, technology and the role both have in shaping our future
Where to from here?
We welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Tech Nation. We are committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level