Installation Project Manager
As Verity’s industrial drones are being rolled out to warehouses worldwide and production volumes rise, we are seeking to grow our deployment team with a Technical Project Manager. The successful candidate will lead the planning and installation of our systems at customer sites and will assist in improving our processes so that we can deploy systems better each time. This position will require frequent travel to customers’ sites.
The global leader in autonomous indoor drone systems, Verity enables zero-error warehousing for big box retailers, third-party logistics providers, and manufacturers, with our integrated inventory tracking system. Verity counts 3PL giant DSV and IKEA among their current client base. Our live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil. We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you’ll do
- Manage the deployment of our autonomous drone systems in facilities around the world
- Interface with customers for technical aspects from planning to on-site commissioning
- Hands-on installation of complex systems including training customer operators on-site
- Contribute to the definition and continuous improvement of deployment and training processes, and user documentation
- Provide issue reports to the Development team, based on issues encountered on-site and customer interactions
- Respond to customer enquiries
- Perform system upgrades, inspections, and maintenance in the field
What you bring
- Experience in the installation of integrated systems spanning hardware and software
- Very good technical understanding
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems consisting of hardware and software
- Structured, detail-oriented, and proactive work style
- Experience with setup of network equipment is a plus
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel and work on weekends and nights on a regular basis
Who you are
- Open and positive mindset, particularly in case of unplanned hurdles and setbacks
- Optimistic, resilient and perseverant attitude with a confident approach to complexity
Why you’ll love Verity
We are a great (and growing) team.
At Verity, you’ll be surrounded by team members who are passionate about applying cutting-edge technology to solve some of today’s most fascinating challenges. Our team represents more than 20 nationalities, a variety of advanced degrees, and experience at some of today’s most innovative companies.
We think big.
We know that our employees are the key to our success. We are big thinkers—creative problem solvers who share a total commitment to client success. And we believe in the importance of balancing practical experience with honed skill and higher education.
We have an engineering culture.
70% of our team—including our leadership team—are engineers. No matter what your role at Verity, you’ll enjoy our solution-oriented engineering culture that features flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on mutual trust and joint responsibility.
We deliver cutting-edge technologies.
To solve some of today’s most complex challenges, we combine mechanical, electrical, and software engineering with sophisticated algorithms and machine learning. Our solutions encompass everything from embedded applications, to cloud microservices, to complete, innovative autonomous drone systems—that work.
We offer exceptional quality of life.
The picturesque mountains near our Zürich headquarters will take your breath away, but the view is just the beginning. Over the past 20 years, the city of Zurich has been ranked in 1st or 2nd place as the "worldwide quality of living city." We also offer flexible working hours, competitive benefits, and regular events and activities to constantly strengthen our Verity community.
We are growing—fast!
Named one of the 25 most-promising Swiss scale-ups in 2020, we are expanding our solutions, extending our markets, and growing our team. Headed by founder and CEO, Raffaello D’Andrea (of Kiva Systems/Amazon Robotics fame), our team has decades of experience building success from the ground up—and creating disruptive solutions that make a mark on the world.
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.ch.