The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex for merchants to implement and maintain; similarly, e-commerce has never been more important for merchants globally.
Primer is bringing simplicity to this complex and dynamic landscape. We offer one payment infrastructure for merchants, freeing them to work with multiple providers through our one API. We will be a constant in a world where new payments methods and services are unveiled daily.
- Our team have a lot of expertise in payments, with ex-Braintree/PayPal founders
- After setting up in Jan 2020, we secured our Series A with Accel 11 months later - raising a total of $25M to date
- We've grown to over 50 people, working fully remotely - in the UK, France, Sweden, Singapore, USA, South Africa and more!
- We love hiring driven people and enabling them to do the best job possible by giving them autonomy in their role and encouraging 'out the box' thinking
You will be joining a small team in an early stage company backed by Europe's biggest investors. You will have the freedom and the resources to build the infrastructure supporting millions of transactions every day, and powering payments for the world's largest merchants.
👉 The infrastructure you will be building will power the future of online payments
👉 A small team means a simpler decision-making process: we get to choose the tools and technologies we want to use!
👉 You will be responsible for a globally distributed infrastructure. With great power comes great responsibility!
Here are the main goals of the team:
- Ensure 99.99(9)% uptime (yes, you read that right!)
- Globally distributed, highly available infrastructure
- Ensure our product development teams can deploy code and functionality rapidly (and safely!)
We have high standards and we are looking for a skilled Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. Day-to-day, you will be facing and solving enormous challenges in order to help Primer to become the gold standard for payments infrastructure.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to design, deploy and operate Primer's infrastructure
- Collaborate with our product development teams to implement the tools and solutions required to support the build of new features
- Working with (but not limited to) AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Datadog and CircleCI
- Continually keep an eye on our monitoring and alerting tools to ensure the health and well-being of our infrastructure. As a part of this, build dashboards to enable effective monitoring
- Be part of an on-call rotation and debug production issues and outages across many levels and services within the live production environment
- Being responsible for our CI/CD pipeline (we use CircleCI & Spinnaker) to enable the engineering teams to deploy new features smoothly and safely
- Writing clear and concise documentation. We believe in well designed solutions backed by robust policies and procedures
- Proven experience gained from a similar role, working on a live and complex cloud based production environment (AWS preferred)
- Experience designing and deploying large scale systems
- Previous experience of working in a globally distributed infrastructure
- Knowledge of security practices and chaos engineering. Working in a PCI compliant or data-sensitive industry would be highly advantageous
- Ability to write functional & maintainable code to deliver new platforms and solutions (Python preferred)
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- AWS certification would be advantageous
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment