HR Manager - Maternity Cover (f/m/d)
HR Manager - Job Description
Opening date: 12/08/2022
Start date: Mid October
Here at Beryl, we have a clear vision: to build a better world by getting more people in cities and towns travelling on two wheels.
We aim to be the UK's leading micromobility company, delivering financially sustainable shared schemes to UK communities. As the only B-Corp micromobility operator, we care about community, safety, the environment, and beautiful design.
Beryl is growing, both nationally and internationally, and now is the most exciting time to join our team.
The HR Manager will provide cross departmental support, delivering a variety of people-focused projects and processes, whilst keeping aligned with the vision, focus and culture of Beryl.
The successful candidate will work closely with line managers and senior management to provide high quality HR advice and process management in line with best practice and employment legislation.
- Act as the first point of contact for all HR queries across the organisation;
- Generate contractual and onboarding documents for new starters;
- Advise managers on disciplinary, grievance and absence policy guiding on best practice and legal requirements. Provide assistance with hearings;
- Track and report on all HR related issues;
- Prepare and process all employment related changes, including contract amendments, promotions, annual salary increases, bonus payments and leavers;
- Responsible for maintaining the company HR policies
- Organise performance review policies and procedures with the aim to introduce Learning & Development opportunities;
- Assist and deliver where appropriate training workshops on key HR processes, and offer refreshers to new managers;
- Produce monthly org charts;
- Support hiring managers with the recruitment process, job description development and interview guidance
- Ensure all HR files are kept up to date and are compliant with GDPR regulations.
- Provide support to Managers and Employees with any payroll related queries;
- Manage and assist our Payroll Bureau and Finance Department with monthly payroll adjustments
- Offer comprehensive HR administration support;
- Keep up to date and implement changes in employment law;
- Any other ad-hoc duties or projects;
- Contribute to the success of the company through ideas and initiatives;
- General ISO support, monitor and update HR policies, background checking, tech onboarding and allocation;
- H&S planning, inductions and handbook reviews. Ensure staff members are up to date on compulsory training certifications;
- Monitor and organise employee training.
While the ideal candidate should fulfil most of the list below, we know that ideal candidates rarely exist, so we will consider all applications from people keen on learning to fill in any gaps.
- Level 3 or above CIPD (or 3+ years experience in a HR Manager or HR Advisor role);
- Up to date knowledge of best practice and employment law;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain effective working relationships;
- Case management experience (grievances, whistle blowing, sickness, disciplinaries and grievances);
- Ability to provide pragmatic and effective advice to line managers and employees;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with confidence;
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong commercial and financial acumen;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
What we're offering in return
- The chance to grow the business and help Beryl on our journey to become one of the biggest micromobility operators in the world - working across both professional service and operational teams;
- A combination of the highest quality team and product - we are winning work because of our ability to demonstrate that we are market-leading;
- Enough autonomy and resources to make your vision a reality;
- A flexible working environment;
- Brand-new office space in Shoreditch;
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Beryl Bikes membership
- Online perks and discounts
- Family and friends' product discounts
- Birthday day leave
At Beryl, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be fairly reviewed for the role without regard to race, religion, sexuality, age, disability, gender identity, nationality, or any other protected status.
While upholding the Equalities Act we are committed to continuing to improve our workplace culture and environment. To make sure we are supporting all staff, we have two mental health first aiders and take care to look out for one another. We value employees from diverse backgrounds and family arrangements, and have flexible working policies that support our staff in balancing their personal and work lives.
The following steps will be taken to ensure the application and recruitment process for our HR Manager role is as fair as possible, you should expect the following:
- We review all applications in the first 2 stages (Application/Shortlist) anonymously using redacting software.
- We cross reference all applications against a pre-set, job specific requirement matrix.
- Successful candidates will be subject to a 2 stage interview process arranged virtually. A standardised question and scoring system will be used during the interview process.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be provided with feedback on closure of the application process.
Years of experience
- Mid-senior level